Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2915 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Much better set from Sam. Good to see Sam fight through bad form and find a way to find her groove.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Makes me nervous when Sam lets semi opportunities go. I hope she doesn't let this slip. Needs to remain composed and keep the pressure on, no slip ups

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Sam's head gets in the way again. This match was all hers after the second set and she let it slip. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Re: Sammy Slays on Red Clay!!! :armed:

Thanks for the comments guys. I just can't get decent internet where I am currently. But sounds like it was one of those matches better to watch knowing the result. Twitter feedback sounds also like she could hardly hit a ball in the first set. Was she sliding properly? I can't quite believe Sam was beaten here on Red clay by Sevastova. I mean Sevastova is a fantastic clay court player herself, but Sam is the queen. From the comments it sounds like a confidence thing. :sad: Such talent to be wasted by lack of confidence. Sam just needs to find that zone where aggression meets control, not forcing, but not holding back, just letting it flow off her racket. And accepting if she hits the odd shank, to laugh it off as a side-effect that sometimes comes with her extreme grip, and just keep hitting, not forcing, but not holding back, but hitting with rhythm and placement!

To be honest when I saw she was still in Oz last week, I was thinking of all the times I moaned because she was forced to return to Australia for a ridiculous detour to play Fed Cup. :lol: I hope she was at least practicing on clay there.. But I think in terms of execution and rhythm, Sam should be able to shake off whatever jet lag or cobwebs she gathered on this detour. I just hope she gains the confidence needed. Confidence also comes with rhythm though. Rhythm is Power.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts

Lets just put it down to first match on clay onto Prague next week where she HAS to make the final

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

Thanks! That's fantastic!! I hope it's still there over the weekend when I get back to proper internet.

Lets just put it down to first match on clay onto Prague next week where she HAS to make the final
Also, what one needs to remember is that Stuttgart is not really ideal for Sam.. it's fast clay, it's indoors so fast through the air, and there is no heat factor offering her bounce due to being indoors. The temperature was 3-13 degrees in fact.. outside.. in fact I was never really in favour of her playing Stuttgart. I hope Prague will offer more heat though!! At least it is outdoors and slower. These are more Sam's favourite conditions. If only there could be some heat, it would be 100% perfect for her too!!!

·
Registered
31,590 Posts

Tough draw ... but there aren't many places in the draw that would have been great as an alternative, really. Maybe if she'd nabbed Coco's spot in the bottom quarter it would have been a bit of an improvement.

Hoping Vinci can teach Masha a lesson in R1 :devil:
No such luck, the Trump of the WTA is back.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

No such luck, the Trump of the WTA is back.
Disgusting.. both of them.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,217 Posts

Sammy/Hlacky into the semis :worship:

And on paper you'd think a solid chance against Atawo/Ostapenko.

Reactions: N/E1Four10/S?

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

I can't believe that the WTA are so disorganised, can't get a streaming website together, and can't put a decent website up that has all the information, but they are so petty, and yet have the time to delete these videos off YouTube!! I managed to get the other two, but this one was deleted.. :no: WTA is impressing me less and less each day.

By the way can someone please tell me how to change the thread title? I want to remove the 'armed' as it seems thread titles don't take smiley.

·
Registered
33,580 Posts

I can't believe that the WTA are so disorganised, can't get a streaming website together, and can't put a decent website up that has all the information, but they are so petty, and yet have the time to delete these videos off YouTube!! I managed to get the other two, but this one was deleted.. :no: WTA is impressing me less and less each day.

By the way can someone please tell me how to change the thread title? I want to remove the 'armed' as it seems thread titles don't take smiley.
If you click on "edit" in the OP, you should get an option to change the title

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

If you click on "edit" in the OP, you should get an option to change the title
Thanks Stro, I did that and changed the title inside the title box, but I'm not sure if that is right. It's not a trainsmash anyway.. I eventually finished the first and second posts too.

Watching that Siegmund match.. Laura is a really scary clay court player!! It's amazing she doesn't play a fraction as well on hard courts!

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Re: Sammy Slays on Red Clay!!!

(1) Ka. Pliskova vs Giorgi
Q-Wang vs Sakkari
Beck vs Dodin
(6) S-Zhang vs Q

(3) Strycova vs Goerges
Linette vs Q
Golubic vs Q