Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

Happy offseason everyone! I am holding an emergency press conference today to announce that after much thought and deliberation, I have decided to hang up my Tennis Tipping rackets

The main reasons my decision are that after winning two consecutive Wimbledon Championships and racking up 18 weeks at singles #1, I feel like I have already accomplished my goals in this game and that there is nothing left for me to prove as a player. In addition, the final straws were the recent changes to the TF and ITF websites, which make it difficult to navigate thread here and impossible to properly research players, H2H for TT (the old ITF site was my go-to place).

I also knew that just like my favorite JuJu, that when the time came for me I would follow her example (and that of Na) to go out while still a top player.

I have so many fond memories from traveling the world playing Tennis Tipping over the past 8 years and would like to thank all of you for your camaraderie.

I would like to give a special shout-out to @HAOCHEN-GOAT for getting me to play TT, and my main doubles partners over the years @HAOCHEN-GOAT @Meelis @danieln1, each of whom has reached doubles #1 ranking.

From a manager perspective, I would like to tribute @AdeyC for his contribution to this game. And my co-managers @James for unforgettable Djibouti and @goOudinUSA for our epic Hong Kong tournament.

After some rest, relaxation and awards for my playing career (above), I will now turn my focus to coaching my pupil @danieln1 . I wish him the best of luck as he embarks on his partnership with new partner @DropShotAce

In addition, the GOAT-Armada will still live on now that our figurehead has returned to TT full-time, and I will still be your advocate for advancing TT to frontier markets such as Asia and Africa.

@AdeyC (please keep me on the rankings though, I want to milk my weeks in the top 10 )
@Effy
@Poltergeist
@Blackeagle
@a1canada
@Martn7 (congrats on going back to #1, please bring the Fed Cup home for Spain)
@Pierre.
@Mauriac
@Davidspell
@Demosthenes
@Meelis
@Poltergeist
@coolfish1103
@to paradise.
@Kirilenko-Fan
@Pete!
@Randy
@M.P
@zigga
@sdtoot
@Cooper96
@goOudinUSA
@Michael!
@James
@kfh_9118
@ace the line
@Javi
@Adrian

Administrator
I shall miss the entertainment you brought to the threads - you will be much missed.

You and CSN - not the best start to 2020.馃槩

Best of luck in the future, hope to see you for your comeback some time.

Premium Member

Happy offseason everyone! I am holding an emergency press conference today to announce that after much thought and deliberation, I have decided to hang up my Tennis Tipping rackets

The main reasons my decision are that after winning two consecutive Wimbledon Championships and racking up 18 weeks at singles #1, I feel like I have already accomplished my goals in this game and that there is nothing left for me to prove as a player. In addition, the final straws were the recent changes to the TF and ITF websites, which make it difficult to navigate thread here and impossible to properly research players, H2H for TT (the old ITF site was my go-to place).

I also knew that just like my favorite JuJu, that when the time came for me I would follow her example (and that of Na) to go out while still a top player.

I have so many fond memories from traveling the world playing Tennis Tipping over the past 8 years and would like to thank all of you for your camaraderie.

I would like to give a special shout-out to @HAOCHEN-GOAT for getting me to play TT, and my main doubles partners over the years @HAOCHEN-GOAT @Meelis @danieln1, each of whom has reached doubles #1 ranking.

From a manager perspective, I would like to tribute @AdeyC for his contribution to this game. And my co-managers @James for unforgettable Djibouti and @goOudinUSA for our epic Hong Kong tournament.

After some rest, relaxation and awards for my playing career (above), I will now turn my focus to coaching my pupil @danieln1 . I wish him the best of luck as he embarks on his partnership with new partner @DropShotAce

In addition, the GOAT-Armada will still live on now that our figurehead has returned to TT full-time, and I will still be your advocate for advancing TT to frontier markets such as Asia and Africa.

@AdeyC (please keep me on the rankings though, I want to milk my weeks in the top 10 )
@Effy
@Poltergeist
@Blackeagle
@a1canada
@Martn7 (congrats on going back to #1, please bring the Fed Cup home for Spain)
@Pierre.
@Mauriac
@Davidspell
@Demosthenes
@Meelis
@Poltergeist
@coolfish1103
@to paradise.
@Kirilenko-Fan
@Pete!
@Randy
@M.P
@zigga
@sdtoot
@Cooper96
@goOudinUSA
@Michael!
@James
@kfh_9118
@ace the line
@Javi
@Adrian
End of an era... what a sad day to see one of the true GOATs of the game retiring :sobbing:
It was so fun playing doubles this year, actually I model my game after you... I only achieved my results thanks to you.
Thanks for everything, for making me play this game, for coaching me all those years... this game will be less fun for sure.

Registered
Another loss to the game 馃う鈥嶁檪锔 @SAISAI-GOAT

Thanks for the entertainment :) I knew there was a reason why I picked you as one of two people for the desert island question in the TT YEC interviews.

Keep up the contributions if you can

Milk and honey
Sad news :cry:

Wishing you all the very best in your retirement @SAISAI-GOAT, your hilarious contributions and nicknames will be missed 鉂 I鈥檒l see you in 2020 when you are made the XWTA TT tour鈥檚 Chinese ambassador :geek:

Maybe you will make a comeback at Wimbledon 2021, exactly 18 months after retirement at the top like your fave Juju :unsure:馃槃

1 - 7 of 7 Posts