Tennis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that fans who were against Jenny for awhile are now on her side only because it is Justine she was playing against and the williams fans wanted someone to beat Justine.....I feel the same and wanted so badly to see Jenn win and make it to the finals, but at least she tried....now all the one-stop fans who only cheered for her cos the williams are not there got what they deserved. Me, I wanted her to win cos it would have been cool for her to finally win the USopen but it's all good. What do y'all think.

Reactions: Sam L

· Registered
22,221 Posts
maccardel said:
I think that fans who were against Jenny for awhile are now on her side only because it is Justine she was playing against and the williams fans wanted someone to beat Justine.....I feel the same and wanted so badly to see Jenn win and make it to the finals, but at least she tried....now all the one-stop fans who only cheered for her cos the williams are not there got what they deserved. Me, I wanted her to win cos it would have been cool for her to finally win the USopen but it's all good. What do y'all think.
Yada Yada Yada! :p :kiss:

· Registered
465 Posts
much love for this post! Don't be afraid to admit " you love Jen"! :) Give her a chance I bet she'll win you over!!! Jen and the Williams' matches make tennis so competitive. There allot of great players, and rooting for Jen and still loving your faves is totally cool!

· Registered
1,174 Posts
As a Jenn fan, all I have to say is that I am extremely disappointed. I would have rather seen her get her ass smacked off the court than to give ANOTHER generous gift to a top 5 player. Jenn is really becoming pathetic in closing out matches. Jana Novotna has NOTHING on Jenn....

· Registered
9,295 Posts
maccardel said:
You need to put tennis in perspective. Just because you love a player does not mean there is no room to love another. I love the Williams and I am passionate in my support. Does that mean I have to hate Kim or Jen? When either sister plays, they have my support, when they don't I cheer on my second favourites. I enjoy the matches Serena may have against the Laura Granvilles but it is the matches against the Belgians, Jen or Lindsay and Amelie that really get me excited. I am sure it is the same for everyone.
If you are honest you will admit you watch the top players matches over and over if you have them on tape. Juju's fans will probably watch last nights semi so many times and forget that Justine ever played Dinara or Anika in the same tournament.
If you are the kind of fan that wants to see you favourite (especially if she is the top five) play Amber Liu (only an example, nothing personal) in a grand slam semi or final, then you are probably more into your fan as a person but not as a player!
Last nights Justine/Jen was very reminiscent of the Venus/Hingis matches. They were exciting coz of their contrasting styles. If today's final holds up, it has the potential to be exciting. A bit of 'bad blood' between the players also helps. Jen/Serena similar play but full of energy. If Kim is still feeling a bit ticked off coz of the Accura classic, look for her to claim her her first major.

· Registered
3,821 Posts
id like to think so mac, but im afraid the same arsewipes are still bitchin bout Jen.

tennissfannn u make sense. Yea for me im a fan of the person not the player. altho i love to see Jen play great tennis and would so love her to win stuff, its more coz i want it for her than myself or in the name of great tennis.
thanx for that mate, ive been struggling to put my finger on it ;) so um yea, she can kick Ambers ass in a slam final, thats cool with me! ;) Amber would obv be a worthy opponent to get that far! ;)

· Chionophile
40,217 Posts
maccardel said:
Very good post. There are some sad losers here who will support anyone over certain players they're jealous of. :tape: Well they lost. :lol:

You know, I actually did wanted to Jenn to win too, I saw the 91' semis with Seles and ever since then, I've always wanted Jenn to win this thing one day. She will treasure this one above all other achievements.

Who knows, maybe next year?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.