Tennis Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Couldn't see the match, maybe just as well. I thought that she would be able to recover from the usual 2nd set slump but not this time :frown2:. Hopefully this loss doesn't destroy whatever confidence she got from the two wins. It's frustrating, she starts by showing the way she can play, then the nerves kick in and everything goes to shit. It must be very hard of course because she's such an emotional person but she will have to find a way to stay composed or it's hard to see how things can improve.
Well, by the standards of this season two wins in a row is still a success, we'll see what happens next.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Might as well reflect a little bit on last week now that the emotions of it all have dissipated somewhat. Essentially, it was the week she's needed all year: good performances, multiple wins, and some serious (considering where she is) ranking points. I would say that the match against Babos was the best she's played in about three years, which is fortunate because that match was an important one and a high level of play was needed to win it. She still needs to find more stability in her game (in particular if she could transfer forward momentum from good first sets that would help so much), but even this is an area in which she has made clear progress over the rest of this season. I'll also add that these have been good performances driven more by technique than physicality, and that that's really positive from a long-term perspective. Doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt that she's not quite made the main draw, doesn't mean that the circumstances don't add to that - but I suspect there's no one here who wouldn't have taken this a couple of weeks or a month ago.

Of course the obvious question then arises: what next? As always there's really no way of knowing, but if something like this can be her base level for a while, then we should see a steady climb. I stress that this is a hope rather than a prediction.

·
Registered
34,924 Posts
Does anyone know where Sabrina will play next? She has withdrawn from two ITFs and is almost out of wildcards :unsure:.

Reactions: rucolo
61 - 67 of 67 Posts