·
Registered
9,391 Posts
So the fairytale coaching lasted slightly over one season.. :tennis:

Reactions: KCatty

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Maybe he said no to pizza? I thought he was good for her, the shake up and new approach to constructing points but maybe thats all it was, a shake up, and she has found herself regressing and lacking results/inspiration may need a new approach.

·
Registered
465 Posts
So who is coachless ATM? Muguruza?

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
To be honest, I think her main problem is that she got figured out. Before Tursanov, she was at her core a BBB and her opponents mainly concentrated on keeping the ball in play and letting her self-destruct. After Tursanov came on board, she did construct her points better by knowing when to use her power, and for a while it worked a charm and her opponents were kept off guard by how "steady" she has become. But she always had a movement weakness and is nowhere as effective hitting on the run. Her opponents adjusted and started to become more aggressive themselves and really tried to prey on that second serve as well. I think this in part explains her serving hiccups this year. And it's clear so far she hasn't known how to counter this new trend, and she's reverting back to her old tendencies of brainless ballbashing which isn't paying dividends.

That's the harsh reality in both tours: if you're ever figured out it's *brutal*. You better improve both your fitness and game constantly.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I love Aryna but I hate this move.

Maybe they had too much fun, as her Instagram showed, but he made her a more complete player. As someone mentioned above, before Mitya, Aryna was way more of a mess.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Bad move from her. Her decline has mainly to do with her regressing to being a bbb when her opponents push her than what dimitrov developed her to be “a more consistent baseliner”. I agree Ostapenko should nab him.

·
Registered
87,395 Posts
Few days before she told in an interview that she trust 100% in everything Tursunov told her, interview is on HP of WTA.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
So who is coachless ATM? Muguruza?
Isn't Muguruza coached by Medina Garrigues now? At least she was in her box in R1 against Riske. Or is it just short-term?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Mitya is a tremendous coach but their relationship obviously hit a wall after all the progress they made in the first half of '018... Sabs has been mediocre to poor all this year after winning Shenzen.

Somebody else will pick him up (i'm sure some ATP guys will want him as well) and probably benefit a lot.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts