Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: S2 Wk.7 Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships-Dubai(6 entries available)

SINGLES MAIN DRAW IS UP!!!
http://www.tournawiz.com/view_draw.php?id=1228&t=7716511
CHECK IT UP!!!

Notable 1R matches:
Azarenka vs. Capriati
Cornet vs. V.Williams
Hantuchova vs. Chakvetadze
Golovin vs. S.Williams
McHale vs. Jozami
Mattek-Sands vs. Kuznetsova
Davenport vs. Dokic

SEND PTS NOW!!!
Some players MUST SEND NEW PTS THIS TIME!!

And please also post your players profiles here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=341175
Commit in the commitment thread here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=372394

·
#claypova
18,886 Posts
Re: S2 Wk.7 Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships-Dubai(DRAW IS UP!! Send new pts NOW!!

Masha and Safina is in the same quarter... again!

·
Registered
53,535 Posts
Re: S2 Wk.7 Barclays Dubai Tennis Championships-Dubai(DRAW IS UP!! Send new pts NOW!!

Davai Dinara :rocker2:

·
#claypova
18,886 Posts

:sobbing: Why do you hate me so much Matt?

·
Registered
18,712 Posts

Zvonareva/Sprem in doubles :yeah:

·
30,885 Posts

Nice first Rounds for both my girls!!! :)
But then... :(

(I will send soon :angel:)

·
Registered
20,856 Posts

Pennetta/Safina
Dokic/Harkleroad

·
Registered
20,825 Posts

Go Anna and Bepa!!!

Chakveniacki :yeah:
Zvonaprem :yeah:

·
#claypova
18,886 Posts

Masha/Ana
Juju/Groth confirmed :)

·
Registered
17,433 Posts

benesova/mirza
sanchez lorenzo/robson

·
Look who's back!
32,304 Posts

Safina/Pennetta
Harkleroad/Dokic

·
Look who's back!
32,304 Posts

:eek: Andreas already did it

·
Chip 'n Charge
13,691 Posts

anybody with akiko and su-wei??

i can be with anyone. don't wait for my confirmation :)

·
Registered
44,025 Posts

You can send if you want ;)

·
Registered
53,535 Posts

Shahar Peer Detained At Dubai Airport

Israel's Shahar Peer talks to reporters from CNN after she was detained by Dubai Airport Officals for arriving in the country with an invalid visa. Peer has stated the tournament officials in Dubai have yet to issue her a visa.

Israel's Shahar Peer has been detained shortly after arriving into Dubai earlier today on account
of an invalid visa. Peer was trying to use a visa given to her to enter Doha where she reached the finals of the Year End Championships. It is unsure whether or not the top-ranked Israeli player has been issued a visa to enter Dubai. Peer said she has yet to hear back from tournament organizers and her visa issue is still unknown, even to her.

"I'm not sure what the hold up is. I have yet to hear from the tournament's organizers since I told them that I would be needing a visa. I'm really excited to be given the chance to play in Dubai. I got to play in Doha at the end of last season and it was such an amazing experience so I can't wait to see what Dubai has enstore for me." Peer said, answering reporters who were around her at the airport.

Shahar is the owner of 1 singles title which she won on clay in Istanbul. One of her biggest marks on tour was reaching the finals of the Year End Championships last season which she lost to Maria Sharapova. It was a huge moment in women's tennis when Peer took center court in Doha and played before a largely Muslim audience. She began the first ever Israeli player to play in the UAE.

Last week, the world's number 11 made reached the semi-finals of a tournament Pattaya City. Peer is hoping to finally crack the top 10 by having a stellar result and hopefully a second career singles title. She will be teaming up with Russia's Anna Lapushchenkova in women's doubles.

We'll have more on the this late breaking story to come!

·
Registered
53,535 Posts

Venus Williams: Let Shahar Play

Venus Williams is asked by reporters what her thoughts on Shahar Peer's visa issues while the American was walking out to practice for an uncoming tournament in Dubai.

Former world's number one, Venus Williams has come to the aid of close friend, Shahar Peer of Israel who was recently detained at the Dubai International Airport for an invalid visa. The 15th ranked American who arrived in Dubai a couple of days early to get some practice in before the start of the tournament has a strong bond with Peer and is coached by the same coach.

"Shahar is a really great girl and I don't understand what the trouble with her getting a visa to play here. She played in Doha last season and had an amazing run there so I really don't see what the problem is here. The tournament officials need to do the right thing and grant Shahar a visa to come play." Williams said before walking out on a local court to practice with her hitting partner.

Peer has the backing of the tour whose rules state that any player qualified by ranking to play, must be allowed to play reguardless of nationality. Peer has not opened up on her views on the Israel-Gaza ocnflict and many times has stated that she is here to play tennis and that is all. During the Year End Championships in Doha, the crowd was a bit unwelcoming to the idea of Peer playing there, but towards the end of the tournament, she left with some fans.

"I think it will be a huge mistake by tournament organizers to not let her play..." Venus went on to say. "If she doesn't play, I know I won't play. And I hope there's other girls on tour willing to stand up for what's right."

·
Registered
20,856 Posts

I sent points for doubles Sean, let's see if I can get us out of our slump - we have to defend a GS title and final soon :eek:

·
Registered
14,936 Posts

anybody with akiko and su-wei??

i can be with anyone. don't wait for my confirmation :)
alona and lena v:D
seems like sveta wont commit:awww:

·
Look who's back!
32,304 Posts

I sent points for doubles Sean, let's see if I can get us out of our slump - we have to defend a GS title and final soon :eek:
:lol: Ya Matt said. I sent some too so he'll use mine for Ash/Jelly and yours for Dina/Flav.

All our players are majorly sucking atm :sobbing:

21 - 40 of 348 Posts