Tennis Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Re: S2 Wk.20 Internationaux de Strasbourg-Strasbourg(Final in progress...)

nikki won! :eek:
marathon once again :drool:
:hearts: :woohoo:
tatiana :hug:

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #102

:yeah:Congrats Nicole:yeah:
:yeah:Your second title:yeah:
:sad:Bad luck Dinara and Anna:sad:
:hug:RG to come:hug:
Please promote EWTA to your friends
Results / draw updated
Rankings / head-to-head to be updated

RG's thread to be up tomorrow...
Check it up at that time!!

Please post your players' profiles here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=341175
And check out our latest chat thread: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=384508

IMPORTANT MESSAGES
As our mixed doubles runner (heart) is unable to run the mixed doubles event of the coming Grand Slam, Roland Garros, so i am now seeking for one to run it!(PM me if you are interested)

Also i won't be in Perth from the 12th to 26th of July(Another family trip, this time to Japan:D), so RG will start on the 27th, during this period of time, every players can run their own exihibitions, and i will also create a chat thread for you guys, hope players can still be in-touch with this tour even after such a long break!

vaidisova28 is seeking a player to run an exihibition with him/her, find him/her if you are interested!

Still seeking a mixed doubles runner!!

·
Registered
20,753 Posts

Congrats Nikki

·
Registered
18,712 Posts

anyway, article later :yeah:

·
Registered
18,712 Posts

hope that this ct in the second didn't affect :awww:

·
Registered
18,712 Posts

post order :eek:

·
Registered
20,753 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
20,753 Posts
Doubles draw

Vera Zvonareva / Karolina Sprem vs. Jelena Jankovic / Betina Jozami
Lindsay Davenport / Bethanie Mattek-Sands vs. Nicole Vaidisova / Caroline Wozniacki

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
only 4 pairs! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
20,753 Posts
Internazionaux de Strasbourg (National)
Strasbourg, France

Doubles Main Draw
Semifinals

Jelena Jankovic / Betina Jozami def Karolina Sprem / Vera Zvonareva
6-4 6-4
:bigcry:

·
Registered
20,753 Posts
Strasbourg, France

Doubles Main Draw
Semifinals

Lindsay Davenport / Bethanie Mattek-Sands def Nicole Vaidisova / Caroline Wozniacki
6-1 6-7 10-03

·
Registered
20,753 Posts
Strasbourg, France

Doubles Main Draw
Final

Lindsay Davenport / Bethanie Mattek-Sands def Jelena Jankovic / Betina Jozami
6-2 6-2

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Nikki won second carrer title!
4th seed of the Internatinaux de Strasbourg and the EWTA world number 21, Nicole Vaidisova, won her second carrer title which is also her second title this season. Nikki won the title in Ponte Vedra Beach where she came to the title from qualifying and in the final beat Anna Chakvetadze 6-7 6-2 6-4. Today, in Strasbourg, Nikki in the final deafted home hope, Tatiana Golovin also after she lost first set in the tie-break but after that Nikki took control in the match and won second and third set 6-3 6-4. So, final result was 6-7 6-3 6-4 in 2 hours and 25 minutes. Also, every match that Nikki was played here, she won in 3 tough sets.

"I'm so happy I win the title again. First, I have to congrats Tatiana on the great play in the final. Well, it's always great for confidence to win the title and especially because every match I played here I won in 3 sets. Now I hope I can make good result on Roland Garros to finally make some big jump in the rankings. I have time to rest and prepare well for Roland Garros. Also, thanks to manager on the great organisation and everyone who support me."

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
Karolina stayed in Strasbourg with Vera to prepare for Roland Garros!

After loss in the semifinals to Nicole Vaidisova, Karolina Sprem stayed in Starsbourg with her best friend on the tour and the doubles partner, Vera Zvonareva to prepare for second grand slam of the season, Roland Garros. Vera and Klina lost in the doubles semifinals and after that stayed few days here to train and prepare toghether for Roland Garros. They played each other in the semifinals and Klina won in 3 tough sets, 6-7 6-1 6-4.

"Well, I stayed in Starsbourg few days more to train for Roland Garros. These days I'm playing together with Vera. We are great friends and we have very similar EWTA carrers. We are also trying to do some doubles traings because we want make big result in doubles in Paris. Also, we hope we can do well in singles. I think we are both great players and we have great game. We showed that by beating some great players but we still need more consistently in our game. We will try to learn from Anna and Nikki who are winning the titles and maybe we can be better than them (lol). Anyway, we are enjoying and tomorrow we are going in Paris to play the second grand slam of the season. But probably before Roland Garros we will play an exibithion as the warm up for the Roland Garros."

·
Registered
20,753 Posts
:hearts:

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
:kiss:

101 - 117 of 117 Posts