Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
20,753 Posts
Re: S2 Wk.14 Andalucia Tennis Experience-Marbella(DRAW IS UP Send pts NOW)

Maybe Jankovic/Zvonareva like in the Exo tournament :)
Yeah, you send this time
my points were so bad last week :(

·
Registered
17,433 Posts

Iveta/Sania & Maria/Laura

·
Registered
14,936 Posts

anyone with alona?
just pair us up.

·
Premium Member
20,479 Posts

Agnes Talks About Bieng the First Seed

How do you feel about bieng seeded first?
It is such a huge honor, we all work so so hard and its nice to be rewarded for my efforts as a tennis player. The bye also helps me get more practice on court, I can get used to the Marbellan clay courts and the weather here.
How confident do you feel?
Well I had a great rounf one win last beekm, and thn I did horridly against Dulko, she definitly played great but I had no power, no depth, and certanly NO serve. I just have to make sure I'm at my best.

How much pressure does it add, bieng seeded so high?
Sometimes I play so much better, because pressure can be so helpful, but some times it causes me to crumble, I want to do well and have others see me win.
How do you feel about your possibe next opponents?
Anna is so aggressive so im hoping i can run fast amd Vera is smart so i can out power her.​

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Re: S2 Wk.14 Andalucia Tennis Experience-Marbella(First Round in progress...)

FIRST ROUND RESULTS COMING UP!!!!

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Andalucia Tennis Experience(INTL)
Marbella,Spain

Singles Main Draw
First Round

Vera Zvonareva def. Anna Kournikova 6-4 6-4
Great win over the Olympic champion for Vera, who really played a lot better compared with her tough 1R loss last week in Miami!! This has been Vera's second claycourt tournament only, and she was very patient, controlled the topspins well, she just did everythings right in this match!! Hope you can just keep this form and give a tough task for the top seed Szavay tomorrow!! Bad luck for the Golden girl, who seemed to struggle finding her best form on the claycourts here!! Hope you can just try to train more on claycourts and get used to the conditions, then i think you will just have more chances of winning matches at that time!!

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Marbella,Spain

Singles Main Draw
First Round

Dominika Cibulkova def. Michelle Larcher De Brito 6-4 6-3
Great win for the Slovakian, who really made use of her experience of playing on claycourts, and taught a lesson to the Portuguese newcomer!! Dominika always is a threat on claycourts, like her quarterfinal run in Barcelona, where she defeated Henin and world No.1 Harkleroad, she definitely will enjoy playing on this surface, so can she just continue to do well here?? Bad luck for Michelle, who was only playing her second claycourt tournament in her career!! So this definitely can't be regarded as a bad match from her, hope you can just keep learning from every match on this surface and be more experienced, then i think you will just improve from each match to another!!

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Marbella,Spain

Singles Main Draw
First Round

(5)Hsieh Su-Wei def. Tatiana Golovin 6-3 6-2
Routine win for the Taiwanese, who did really well in this match against the Frenchwoman!! Su-Wei is a always is a dangerous player as she can just make some unbelieveable at every corners on the court, and her magic is just too much for the Frenchwoman, who just couldn't find a way to get past the Taiwanese at all today!! Hope Su-Wei can just continue her consistent form and win more matches here!! Dissapointment for the Frenchwoman, who wasn't so familiar with the different surface here, hope you can train more on this surface and play better next time!!

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Marbella,Spain

Singles Main Draw
First Round

:eek:Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova def. (4)Maria Sanchez Lorenzo 6-3 6-3:eek:
What a win from the Russian!! Who really didn't give any chance to the Spanish to win more games!! Anastasia definitely gained a lot more confidence after such a great win, and once this giant killer get a lot of confidence, she will just produce some really suprising news, so can she produce any suprises here by defeating more and more high-ranked players here?? Dissapointment for the doubles No.2, who lost in front of her home crowd despite the great support from the passionate Spanish fans, hope you can find your weaknesses in this match and improve them next time!!

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Marbella,Spain

Singles Main Draw
First Round

Alona Bondarenko def. Marion Bartoli 4-6 7-5 7-6
Good match from both players, and the Ukranian just did a little bit better than the Frenchwoman!! Alona showed her fighting spirit in this match, espeically in the final two sets, she just kept fighting in every single point, she definitely is very joyful after such a thriller!! Hope you can just stay here for a longer time with such a suitable game on claycourts!! Bad luck for the Frenchwoman, who just lost this match closely, you actually did quite well in this match, just hope you can have better luck next time!!

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

Marbella,Spain

Singles Main Draw
First Round

Caroline Wozniacki def. Martina Hingis 6-4 2-6 6-3
Very great win from the Danish, who got past the experienced Swiss Miss in a pretty typical claycourt match!! Caroline is still learning how to play well on this surface, and she actually is a quick learner, she did pretty well in this match against the tricky Swiss, chasing the drop shots amazingly, and placing the shots so well!! Hope you can just keep improving and win more matches here!! Dissapointment for the Swiss Miss, who coudln't make use of her great experience in this match!! But hope you can just don't give up, and keep working hard on your gameplans, i believe your best form will be back somedays!!

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Marbella,Spain

Singles Main Draw
First Round

(6)Gisela Dulko def. Akiko Morigami 7-6 6-4
Very pleasant win from the Argentine, who is back on her favourite surface once again!! Gisela enjoyed some suprising success last week in Miami as hard really is not her favourite surface!! She just did even better this week, she smiled most of the time in this match, and she just moved so well in this match!! Hope you can just keep this form and enjoy a lot of success in your favourite surface!! Dissapointment for the Japanese, who really is not that comfortable playing on clay like Gisela, you just got bad luck to draw a claycourter like her so early in this tournament, hope you will have better luck next time!!

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

Marbella,Spain

Singles Main Draw
First Round

:eek:Laura Robson def. (8)Jelena Jankovic 7-5 4-6 7-5:eek:
What an upset from the Bristish, who realised that she can also do well on her least favourite surface!! As Laura is a British girl, her favourite surface definitely is the green grass, not the slow and muddy clay, but there are actually many claycourt tournaments in the calender, so Laura just played these claycourt tournaments without a very high expectation!! And now she just defeated the red-hot Serbian Jankovic, so she certainly gained a lot more confidence about playing on claycourts, so hope you can just starting to love this surface and win more matches with such a form here!! Dissapointment for Jelena, who couldn't win this match despite being the clear favourite before this match started, hope you can just adjust your gameplan a bit and be back stronger next time!!

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

Marbella,Spain

Singles Main Draw
First Round

Alize Cornet def. Petra Martic 6-4 3-6 6-4
Great win from the Frenchwoman, who certainly loves playing on this surface!! Alize really wants to have more success on this surface as she just wants to perform well at her home-town Grand Slam, the French Open, which is a claycourt tournament!! So Alize has been training so hard, in order to be more familiar with playing on this different surface. And her practise seems to pay off, as she performed very well in this match, coming back from a set lost and win the whole match!! Hope you can just get more experience of playing on clay by winning more matches here!! Bad luck for the Croatian, who still couldn't get her first victory, you shoudln't give up, instead, you should train harder, try some different gameplans, hope your trainings will just pay off next time!!

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Marbella,Spain

Singles Main Draw
First Round

Jennifer Capriati def. Amelie Mauresmo 6-1 7-6
Sorry no comment, need to sleep very quickly.....

·
Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Marbella,Spain

Singles Main Draw
First Round

(3)Dinara Safina def. Victoria Azarenka 5-7 7-6 6-2

21 - 40 of 123 Posts