Former Champions
S3 -- Anna Smashnova (RET) def. Venus Williams 75 61
S4 -- Karolina Sprem (RET) def. Monica Seles 75 46 75
S5 -- Anastasia Myskina (RET) def. Karolina Sprem 76 64
S6 -- Amanda Coetzer def. Monica Seles 63 63
S7 -- Virginie Razzano def. Patty Schnyder 63 62
S8 -- Mary Pierce (RET) def. Katarina Srebotnik (RET) 63 16 76
S9 -- Kim Clijsters def. Monica Seles 64 61
Welcome to Tokyo, an indoor event. Points are due Monday 7:00 pm Pacific.
Singles Draw!
Monica Seles (1) vs. BYE
Jamea Jackson vs. Amanda Coetzer (14)
Nadia Petrova (13) vs. Alicia Molik
BYE vs. Serena Williams (6)
Justine Henin (5) vs. BYE
BYE vs. Kim Clijsters (12)
Jelena Jankovic (16) vs. Patty Schnyder
Victoria Azarenka vs. Daniela Hantuchova (4)
Venus Williams (3) vs. BYE
Lindsay Davenport vs. Elena Dementieva (15)
Maria Sharapova (10) vs. Bye
Tamarine Tanasugarn vs. Steffi Graf (8)
Virginie Razzano (7) vs. Silvia Farina Elia
Dinara Safina vs. Anna Chakvetadze (9)
Ana Ivanovic (11) vs. Maria Kirilenko
BYE vs. Anna Kournikova (2)
Weekly Schedule!
Monday: Points Due
Tuesday: Round of 32
Wednesday: Round of 16
Thursday: Quarter Finals
Friday: Semi Finals
Saturday: Final

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The WGTA Player of the Week!

TOKYO -- Three time Tokyo finalist, Monica Seles has been named the WGTA Player of the Week.
Seles got the crown by earning enough points via the articles she wrote in the last week.
For her reward, the world's #1 is given 5 bonus points in each set as she tries to win her first title in Tokyo.
Remember, only Seles gets bonus points & any articles written after this is posted will count for the next POW race.
TOTAL POINTS
Seles -- 20
Hantuchova/Kournikova -- 10
Henin/Chakvetadze/Coetzer/Venus -- 5
Schnyder -- 2

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Women's Look Forward: Tokyo!
With all the Grand Slams behind us, we are focusing on the YEC. Who will make the final push to try to qualify?
DRAW
#14 Amanda Coetzer is a former champion here. She'll need to repeat that to even stand a chance to go to the YEC. She meets Jamea Jackson, who started well on tour but has lost some steam. Winner faces #1 Monica Seles.
#13 Nadia Petrova tackles Alicia Molik in a tough opener. The way Molik has been playing, an upset is not out of the question. Winner faces #6 Serena Williams.
#5 Justine Henin and defending champ #12 Kim Clijsters both have byes and will meet in the 16's. A nice draw for both.
#16 Jelena Jankovic gets a crack at Tamarine Tanasugarn. Tanasugarn has some indoor background, but Jank is more solid. Winner faces #4 Daniela Hantuchova.
#15 Elena Dementieva faces off against Lindsay Davenport. Indoors, Davenport should have the edge, but historically Dementieva has prevailed better. Winner faces #3 Venus Williams, who is not at her best indoors either.
#10 Maria Sharapova is still fighting for a YEC spot. She meets red-hot Victoria Azarenka. Can Victoria keep up her summer play indoors?
#8 Steffi Graf is also pushing for a YEC spot. She meets more than capable Patty Schnyder in the opening round. This is a tough one to call.
#7 Virginie Razzano meets Dinara Safina. We have yet to see Safina indoors, but Razzano has always performed well this time of the season.
#9 Anna Chakvetadze is fighting for her frst title this season still. She meets Silvia Farina Elia, in a tough opening match.
#11 Ana Ivanovic gets a shot at Maria Kirilenko. Both could win this match. Winner faces recent US Open champ, #2 Anna Kournikova.
PREDICTIONS
Semi FInals
Seles vs. Clijsters
Sharapova vs. Razzano
Final
Seles vs. Razzano

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Tuesday's Schedule!
Center Court
Round of 32
Virginie Razzano (7) vs. Dinara Safina
followed by
Round of 32
Patty Schnyder vs. Steffi Graf (8)
followed by
Round of 32
Silvia Farina Elia vs. Anna Chakvetadze (9)
followed by
Round of 32
Maria Sharapova (10) vs. Victoria Azarenka
followed by
Round of 32
Ana Ivanovic (11) vs. Maria Kirilenko
Court One
Round of 32
Nadia Petrova (13) vs. Alicia Molik
followed by
Round of 32
Jamea Jackson vs. Amanda Coetzer (14)
followed by
Round of 32
Lindsay Davenport vs. Elena Dementieva (15)
followed by
Round of 32
Jelena Jankovic (16) vs. Tamarine Tanasugarn
Head To Head -- Rd32!
Jamea vs. Amanda
Jackson leads 1-0; 0-0 Indoors; 1-0 in S10
S10 Warsaw 32 Jackson 4-6 6-4 6-4
Nadia vs. Alicia
Molik leads 1-0; 1-0 Indoors; 0-0 in S10
S9 China 32 Molik 7-5 1-6 6-4
Jelena vs. Tamarine
Tanasugarn to update H2H
Lindsay vs. Elena
Dementieva leads 2-0; 1-0 Indoors; 0-0 in S10
S9 Quebec City SF Dementieva 3-6 6-4 6-3
S9 Sydney 32 Dementieva 6-4 7-6

Maria vs. Victoria
First Match
Patty vs. Steffi
Both to update H2H
Virginie vs. Dinara
First Match
Silvia vs. Anna
Chakvetadze leads 5-0; 0-0 Indoors; 1-0 in S10
S6 Linz R16 Chakvetadze 7-5 6-2
S7 Olympics R32 Chakvetadze 7-6 2-6 6-4

S7 Linz SF Chakvetadze 5-7 6-2 6-3
S8 Miami R16 Chakvetadze 6-7 6-3 6-3
S10 Canberra QF Chakvetadze 5-7 6-3 6-3

Ana vs. Maria
Ivanovic leads 2-1; 1-0 Indoors; 1-1 in S10
S9 China 32 Ivanovic 4-6 7-5 6-4
S10 Canberra 32 Kirilenko 3-6 7-6 7-6

S10 Rome QF Ivanovic 4-6 6-1 6-4

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
Razzano predicted to reach F? :tape: Indoors is her worst surface. :help:

Only four players have indoors as their second best surface: Patricia, Dinara, Elena, and Nadia.

·
Registered
21,478 Posts
Why is Hantuchova in the draw if she retired?

Or did she decide to tuck her tail in between her legs and unretire 1 week later? :eek:

·
Registered
21,478 Posts
And when has Daniela Hantuchova ever listened to other people. I thought you were a trendsetter, apparently your nothing but a follower. Typical.

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
And when has Daniela Hantuchova ever listened to other people. I thought you were a trendsetter, apparently your nothing but a follower. Typical.
Oh, hunnie, I don't have the time to entertain you. Go practice your indoor game. You'll need it.

·
Registered
21,478 Posts
Go practice deepthroating, you'll need it. Oh wait bowing down to the other's requests for not retiring... I guess you already have had enough practice. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Steffi, no need to be so bitter just because your faint hopes of qualifying for the YEC got dashed.

First Tokyo title for Monica. :armed:

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Razzano predicted to reach F? :tape: Indoors is her worst surface. :help:

Only four players have indoors as their second best surface: Patricia, Dinara, Elena, and Nadia.
And no one has it as a top surface?

Razzano is dangerous indoors, being a former champion here centuries ago, when she beat me in her opening match. I make people's careers. Her clever pushing strategies work well.

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Shut your fat mouth Monica! Who said you could wobble your ass into this conversation!
I'm the world number one. I can do whatever I want.

You can only start talking back to me once you actually manage to defeat me. What's the H2H between us now? 11-0? 12-0? I lost count after 10.

·
Registered
21,478 Posts
I'm the world number one. I can do whatever I want.

You can only start talking back to me once you actually manage to defeat me. What's the H2H between us now? 11-0? 12-0? I lost count after 10.
Blah blah. World Number 1 on default, you didn't earn it, someone else lost it.

And you keep bringing up the H2H, cause that's the only thing you got on me, enjoy it, its so insignificant. :rolleyes:

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
Go practice deepthroating, you'll need it. Oh wait bowing down to the other's requests for not retiring... I guess you already have had enough practice. :rolleyes:
Like, ohmigosh. You are such a busybody. Go shut the fu...oh, look, something much more interesting...*runs off*

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Blah blah. World Number 1 on default, you didn't earn it, someone else lost it.

And you keep bringing up the H2H, cause that's the only thing you got on me, enjoy it, its so insignificant. :rolleyes:
Who else has reached atleast the finals in the last 3 tournaments? Who else has defeated Hantuchova (twice), S.Williams, Sharapova, Kournikova, Chakvetadze in the last three weeks, all of which were routine straight set dismissals except two matches. And what have YOU done of any significance besides bitch and moan?

The H2H against you is insignificant, I agree. However, that's not all I have on you. Career titles, GS titles, Weeks at number one, YEC's, Olympic medals. Would you like me to continue, peon?

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
And no one has it as a top surface?
No.

Razzano is dangerous indoors, being a former champion here centuries ago, when she beat me in her opening match. I make people's careers. Her clever pushing strategies work well.
Safina will thrash Razzano. 20 points is too much for the pusher.

·
Registered
21,478 Posts
Yawn, usually I would like a good double team/tag team on me but in this case NO. I do not need to be ganged up on the two biggest drama queen bitches this side of the rainbow. Especially two who should have long been retired but have no balls and run back not even a week later. Losers. Yes.

Enjoy praising each other and giving each other happy endings. :eek:

1 - 20 of 219 Posts