Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
The nominations. Everyone can vote ONCE. For your vote to count, you must provide your REASON for voting. Votes without reasons will be invalid.
Voting ends: Thursday April 16th.

I would like to kinda have an exhibition BEFORE the gala. Like rivals.
Seles vs. Hantuchova
Petrova vs. Henin
Venus vs. Serena
Kournikova vs. Sharapova
Chakvetadze vs. Graf

If y'all are interested or if anyone else wants to paticipate, let me know. Each set will be 150 points. Dani/Monica will be 5 sets.

Newcomer of the Season
Victoria Azarenka
Jamea Jackson
Dinara Safina

Vetern of the Season
Steffi Graf
Daniela Hantuchova
Virginie Razzano
Monica Seles

Comeback of the Season
Anna Chakvetadze
Martina Hingis
Patty Schnyder
Serena Williams

Match of the Season
V. Williams def. Chakvetadze 36 76 62; Melbourne final
Henin def. Seles 75 26 75; Paris quarter final
S. Williams def. V. Williams 75 46 75; London final
Seles def. Hantuchova 63 67 64; New York semi final
Kournikova def. Chakvetadze 64 46 64; Chase semi final

Tournament of the Season
Pick your favorite tournament.

Player of the Season
Anna Chakvetadze -- Grand Slam Cup Champ; Reached OZ final, Chase semi. Cameback to the tour and had a banner year reaching her first Slam final and winning the biggest title of her career and reached the Chase for the first time.

Justine Henin -- Roland Garros Champ; Reached finals of the YEC

Anna Kournikova -- US Open, YEC and Canberra Champ; Paris Final; Year ending #1

Serena Williams -- Wimbledon, Eastbourne Champ. Returned to the tour after missing a few months to win another major.

Venus Williams -- Australian Open, Sydney Champ. Wimbledon finalist. More more tour matches than anyone else in the season, and had more finals than anyone else in the season.

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
The Gala's should be fun, and if we intermix some of these exo's that would be great! I'll play Graf if she's up to it. ;)

And by the way...look at my calculations for the Top 8 WGTA Ending Rankings :speakles: :speakles:

01 01 Anna Kournikova ……………………… (RUS) …… 5174
02 03 Venus Williams ………………………… (USA) …… 4567
03 05 Anna Chakvetadze …………………… (RUS) …… 4106 ahead of Dani, Mon, & Rena :tape:
04 02 Monica Seles ……………………………… (PAK) …… 3894
05 06 Serena Williams ……………………… (USA) …… 3683
06 04 Daniela Hantuchova ……………… (SVK) …… 3606
07 08 Justine Henin …………………………… (BEL) …… 3249
08 07 Virginie Razzano …………………… (FRA) …… 3084

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi everyone.
The nominations. Everyone can vote ONCE. For your vote to count, you must provide your REASON for voting. Votes without reasons will be invalid.

Kournikova vs. Sharapova

If y'all are interested or if anyone else wants to paticipate, let me know. Each set will be 150 points. Dani/Monica will be 5 sets.

Match of the Season

Just to clarify, my rival no longer plays. Amelie Mauresmo retired earlier this season... Sharapova is not a rival.

Where is the Chase final where I beat Juju?? Clearly that is match of the year!!!

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
i would rather die than give nadia a chance to beat me for the 4th straight time! :eek:
and ya, i think the yec final is more befitting of a nomination than annac vs annak...

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
Hi everyone.

Seles vs. Hantuchova
Petrova vs. Henin
Venus vs. Serena
Kournikova vs. Sharapova
Chakvetadze vs. Graf

Newcomer of the Season
Victoria Azarenka
Jamea Jackson
Dinara Safina

Vetern of the Season
Steffi Graf
Daniela Hantuchova
Virginie Razzano
Monica Seles

Comeback of the Season
Anna Chakvetadze
Martina Hingis
Patty Schnyder
Serena Williams

Match of the Season

Tournament of the Season
Pick your favorite tournament.

Player of the Season
Anna Chakvetadze -- Grand Slam Cup Champ; Reached OZ final, Chase semi. Cameback to the tour and had a banner year reaching her first Slam final and winning the biggest title of her career and reached the Chase for the first time.

Justine Henin -- Roland Garros Champ; Reached finals of the YEC

Anna Kournikova -- US Open, YEC and Canberra Champ; Paris Final; Year ending #1

Serena Williams -- Wimbledon, Eastbourne Champ. Returned to the tour after missing a few months to win another major.

Venus Williams -- Australian Open, Sydney Champ. Wimbledon finalist. More more tour matches than anyone else in the season, and had more finals than anyone else in the season.
I already said I'm no longer playing that dumb exhibition!

·
Registered
84,762 Posts
:haha: I'd rather play other players than playing Ju because I know I'm going to win anyway.:) :tape: :p

I don't mind playing exo with anyone though.:shrug:

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
I ended my playing time on WGTA at Linz. I had no intention of playing the World's and I have no intention of playing any exhibition matches.

Just to clarify, my rival no longer plays. Amelie Mauresmo retired earlier this season... Sharapova is not a rival.
I pretty much agree with that. Our head to head isn't exactly exciting neither were our matches. We barely even crossed paths in the game.

If I were to play one last match (which I won't) I'd want to play Serena. We started together and it would be cool to have our last match against each other.

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
:haha: I'd rather play other players than playing Ju because I know I'm going to win anyway.:) :tape: :p

I don't mind playing exo with anyone though.:shrug:
i kind of agree :tape: x1000
it's not a rivalry when i always lose to her! :sad:
but i'm sure dani or monica would love to have another go at me seeing that i'm the only player to beat them so many times! :angel:

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
i kind of agree :tape: x1000
it's not a rivalry when i always lose to her! :sad:
but i'm sure dani or monica would love to have another go at me seeing that i'm the only player to beat them so many times! :angel:
STFU. Are you an illiterate dumbass or what? I already said, for the THIRD time, I'm NOT wasting my time with this trivial exhibition match crap! I don't want the words "Dani" and "exhibition" (after this) in the same sentence, again!

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
Graf will play Chak.

Dani why don't you just play the exhibition? Its one last match, get over yourself and play it.
I don't need to explain myself to anybody, least of all, you, Stephanie, dear! Anyway, I'm the GOAT, exhibitions are soo beneath me.

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The reason I pegged Anna vs. Maria is because of the war of words last week. If Maria, Anna would rather face others then they can do so. Just thought it would be nice to do some ex's before the Gala.

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
I was always ready to go 5 sets at MSG with Dani as the last match in WGTA history, seeing as it was my suggestion in the first place. I'm still willing to play, ofcourse. If Dani said no, that's cool.

Unlike just about everyone else in here, I'm avoiding the theatrics and diva drama-queening. :p

·
Registered
21,478 Posts
Oh Dani is says exhibitions are too beneath her to do. Listen up here you cheap little pole dancer. Exhibitions are not beneath you. You can say you are the GOAT, but seriously get over yourself Daniela.

You have supported the tour for 10 seasons or whatever, why not just do 1 more match because it would be nice. Afraid of losing? It's an exhibition, it won't hurt your little career any. GOAT is more chicken shit than anything to play an exhibition. Shit I would even play Monica to try an beat her! :tape:

Daniela you are a pompous ass and I think I need to shove my 23 Grand Slam trophies down your throat and up your ass to really show you who is the GOAT. Suck on that Old Queen! :ras:

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
Oh Dani is says exhibitions are too beneath her to do. Listen up here you cheap little pole dancer. Exhibitions are not beneath you. You can say you are the GOAT, but seriously get over yourself Daniela.

You have supported the tour for 10 seasons or whatever, why not just do 1 more match because it would be nice. Afraid of losing? It's an exhibition, it won't hurt your little career any. GOAT is more chicken shit than anything to play an exhibition. Shit I would even play Monica to try an beat her! :tape:

Daniela you are a pompous ass and I think I need to shove my 23 Grand Slam trophies down your throat and up your ass to really show you who is the GOAT. Suck on that Old Queen! :ras:
First of all, last time I checked, this is WGTA tennis, not some other tour. You only have 1 GS title to my 8.

Second of all, 23 GS?

Sweetie, go back to kindergarten and practice your numbers.

Must I continually remind you? Two words: Gunther Parche. In '93, Monica Seles was the three-time defending Roland Garros champion and two-time defending U.S. Open champion before the most horrific act of fan obsessiveness led to her almost being murdered.

Thirdly, don't you even dare compare yourself to somebody as great as me in WGTA!

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
Dani, Federer just had a great interview on Sky Sports. I think you'll love it.

Here are some of the gems:

"It's great to play in Europe in front of European fans. The fans love me here, more than probably anywhere else in the world. The fans love me around the world, I have a huge fan base."

"I think everyone will get behind me. The media are getting behind me. I think everyone would like to see me win in Paris. Winning Paris would be amazing for me and everyone"

:tape:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts