1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Week 1: Mondial Australian Women's Hardcourts

Gold Coast, Australia
Tier II

Welcome to beautiful Gold Coast, Australia for the first tournament of Women's Professional Tennis Association. We are kicking off an exciting season in this wonerful venue. Who will be our first winner of the WPTA? Good luck to everyone!

Singles Draw

Qualifying Draw:

Amy Frazier vs. Jie Zheng
Elena Baltacha vs. Kim Clijsters

Singles Schedule

Points Due/Qualifying- Monday, Feb. 26, 7ET
Round of 16- Tuesday, Feb. 27
Quarterfinals- Wednesday, Feb. 28
Semifinals- Thursday, March 1
Finals- Friday, March 2

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still need points from all four qualifiers and Pierce!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,687 Posts
I hope you will change this draw with 1 qualifier place because this is a joke... 4 players must play 2 matches for 1 place in MD? :eek::rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,008 Posts
Golovin Practicing In Gold Coast

Tatiana Golovin hits a backhand in practice.

French sensation Tatiana Golovin has spent the past few days putting the final touches on readying her game for the inagural tournament of the WPTA, held in the beautiful Gold Coast, Australia.

"I am ready to go. I've been here for a few days, training really hard. I hope it has paid off, I really do. My coach is doing an incredible job. We know exactly what my tactics are going to be for this first match. It should be interesting, but I have a very reachable goal set, so I just would like to achieve it."

Golovin's first challenge will be the tall task of Lindsay Davenport, an American notorious for smacking a big ball.

"I know about Lindsay's game. I know what I have to do and if all goes well, you should see me as the winner of this one."

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LUXXXAS said:
I hope you will change this draw with 1 qualifier place because this is a joke... 4 players must play 2 matches for 1 place in MD? :eek::rolleyes:
well the draw is made and i dont want to change it to 32 size draw :shrug:

·
15,687 Posts
Cat's Pajamas said:
well the draw is made and i dont want to change it to 32 size draw :shrug:
so if I want to qualify I need to win 2 matches? crazy! and how you choose these poor people to play qualifying matches? it should be 3 places in the draw for qualifiers and 3 quali matches(6 people)... now it's just not fair...

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i drew out of hat. I'm sorry thats the way it came out. I did not pick who to put in qualies. And i didnt know two more people were going to want to play it was originally gonna be one match. But since we didnt get sub forums until forever i decided to add them. It wont be like this again its just a problem that came up

·
15,687 Posts
ok ... please withdraw Amy Frazier from the draw and delete my points... I can't stand these unfair rules-don't understand why someone is in the main draw and someone must play fu%&$# 2 quali matches/round to get to main draw one Q spot...

·
Registered
827 Posts
LUXXXAS said:
ok ... please withdraw Amy Frazier from the draw and delete my points... I can't stand these unfair rules-don't understand why someone is in the main draw and someone must play fu%&$# 2 quali matches/round to get to main draw one Q spot...
Dont Leave Doubles Partner! :mad:

·
Registered
9,772 Posts
DRAMA FEST!

Don't worry Cat, you're doing great with this game! :hug:

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well other people wanted to let the new players play so i thought i would let them didnt know id get such a negative backlash and your still the only player to send points out of the qualifier draw.

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank You VSR. Never can please everybody :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23,559 Posts
Doubles points dont forget guys...pm me..go to doubles thread too,make teams tehre.and check ur status..

1 - 20 of 129 Posts