Tennis Forum banner

Who will win this showdown?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This will be a closely contested showdown in the Paris R16. Both are Russian. Both are young. Both have upset higher ranked players in the first round but only one will advance to Tier II quarterfinal.

IMO Dinara will rely on her experience to overpower Vera. She has semi-final points to defend and I want to see her do it :p Dinara in 2 tight sets.

·
Registered
120,496 Posts
They are close in age and in rank. I expect them to play many times in the next decade.

·
Registered
18,230 Posts
don't know why but i think that Bepa will win this one in 3sets:) (i will also cheer for her!!!) :D :D :bounce:

·
Banned
137 Posts
OMG, I didnt realize Vera already passed Dinara in ranking, I cannot believe it.
I want Dinara to win. She is more talented than she is playing right now.
Her brother's win at the slam should give her the confidence she needs to push it far.

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Missing_Hingis said:
OMG, I didnt realize Vera already passed Dinara in ranking, I cannot believe it.
I want Dinara to win. She is more talented than she is playing right now.
Her brother's win at the slam should give her the confidence she needs to push it far.
yes plus Dinara's ranking will drop even further if she does not do well here in Paris

·
Registered
120,496 Posts
Finally, they're going to play this match.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Vera is definitley going to be used to playing on carpet having won through four matches but Dinara has a lot more experience at this level and i think will win in two straight sets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.