Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Russian Generation is definitely playing better and better each tournament, and now 4 of them are in the QF of the Tier 1 Toronto Tournament! :) Interestingly they will not square off each other in QF, so a theoretical possibility looms - the 2 semifinals may be all-Russian affairs! ;)

But realistically who do you think can get into the semis? Here are the matchups:

Lina Krasnoroutskaya v Katarina Srebotnik
Paola Suarez v Vera Zvonareva [10]

Elena Dementieva [9] v Amelie Mauresmo [3]
Elena Bovina [12] v Justine Henin-Hardenne [2]

I think Lina and Vera can pull through, but I hope Elena D can get some revenge over Amelie as well :drool:. Good luck to Lena B too!:)

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Lina defeats Katarina
Vera defeats Paola
Amelie defeats Elena D.
Juju defeats Elena B.

It is nice to see the Russian girls playing so well.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
jouissant said:
May Amelie :worship: win over Elena D, but not quite as convincingly as last time.
I know! That last time, a double bagel in Paris, had to be humiliating for Elena! :eek: She's had some really good results since then, notably winning Amelia Island, so she may have some more confidence than she did in February since Elena really didn't start out the year that well. I would love to see her in the finals here.

Still, I haven't seen Amelie play since that awful match against Serena in Paris. I would love to see her win this tournament and be match fit for the Open.

Okay, so I'm torn! :lol: I want both ladies to win because they are so deserving! :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
QF
Lina defeats Katarina
Vera defeats Paola
Elena D defeats Amelie
Elena B defeats Juju

It could happen :angel:

SF
Lina Defeats Vera
Elena D Defeats Elena B

Final
Lina Defeats Elena D

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Elena D defeats Amelie
Justine defeats Elena B
Lina defeats Katarina
Vera defeats Paola

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
i say Lina will be the only one to make it through

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
lina, vera and possibly elena d will win tomorrow
comon alyona!

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i think they all have a chance. lina k is playing well and srebotnik although she can play good tennis i think lina will be too good for her. vera has a very good chance with her form. dementieva has a chance because mauresmo hasn't played to much and she seems to start off a bit slow so if elena can take advantage of that then she may well make an upset. bovina also has a chance because she has come back to form, if she plays well she has a very good chance but even with her playing well this would be a 50/50.

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
whatever it is, justine and vera better go through!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts