Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the announcers said...."if you were here...you know it's the right thing to do.....I hope the future judges conduct themselves like these four people on the podium"...

It was really a nice little ceremony and the Russians were whole heartedly welcomed! Very touching for both pairs. And to see the Russians singing together was great!

Anyone else view it?!

·
Don't mess with Texas!
5,727 Posts
I for one really didn't like it. But oh well. I think this display is just going to confuse more people about a sport that you just can't watch one time and understand how it works. I can't wait till the Worlds in Nagano. If it is another close finish I can just see people saying why aren't there two golds again?

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Jarrett - Its not just cause it was a close finish. One of the judges who awarded the Gold medal came right out and admitted to wrong doing. Why can't people recognize that?

You think that a corrupt desicion should just stand? Where is the just in that?

The Russian pair composed themselves just beautifully despite how unfair all of this is too them, and they were warmly recieved.
That was what was most important for me to see - cause I already knew that the Canadians would be recieved wonderfully - I am just glad the Russians got the same response.

Seeing them all laugh and hug was wonderful - they really did well under the circumstances I thought. They could have been cold to each other and awkward considering the circumstance.

So congrats to ALL 4 Gold medalists :)

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Both teams were very gracious and handled themselves beautifully.

The booing the other night was at the scoring and was not directed at the Russian pair. I knew the crowd would give a big hand to the Elena and Anton last night but I think they were nervous about how they'd be received. The American crowd answered with a huge round of applause for both teams. It was handled nicely and I'm glad Elena and Anton took part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts