Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Art & Futures
20,620 Posts
I don't think any of them are that great; they are all good, but none of them were in the top 3 in their season. I think maybe that's why Ru said this is the comeback season or something to that effect lol.

Per the episode, what a shocking twist for Ben to send Morgan home! Was expecting him to play nice but he basically played savior and killed the potential killer.

Also, I was one of the ones who didn't really care for Ben's performances. Maybe just not my sense of humour :shrug:

Reactions: Ryan

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
I feel like the humorous performances are probably better in person, because Ben's wasn't my favourite either. I think viewers are also partial to death drops and more in-your-face stuff. :lol:

·
Registered
27,846 Posts
Wow, was not expecting the original winner to come back:eek:
BeBe carries herself with total class and elegance and is a nice alternative to the messier queens....hope she goes far!

·
Registered
18,604 Posts
I understand that for Bebe joining this group means exposing her brand to a much larger audience. But it's weird. If she were to lose, how would that contextualize her status within the world of the show? But if were to win? How fucking annoying would that be? If they wanted someone from season one to come back, they should have picked Ongina, who has such a fresh and unique style.

·
Blighted and solo
43,980 Posts
My ranking of the Queens! (not for the challenge or anything, just in general) :hearts:

1. BeBe
2. Ben
3. Chi Chi
4. Kennedy
5. Shangela
6. Milk
7. Aja
8. Thorgy
9. Morgan
10. Trixie

I was really disappointed to see Chi Chi have such an underwhelming performance in the very first challenge and already in serious danger of being eliminated! :help: I was glad Morgan got the boot! She was already on my nerves for showing a Darwinian Award Winner-level of stupidity by blabbing to everybody about her "strategy" for getting rid of the stronger queens. You know, the ones who UNLIKE Morgan can actually win challenges and thus decide who goes home. Dumb dumb DUMB. She really forced Dela's hand because Ben is a smart bitch and is going to get rid of someone who said she would be gunning for her TO HER FACE. :lol: It's such a no-brainer that I don't understand what Morgan was thinking. But I think that's the problem--Morgan really doesn't think much. It was obvious she was cannon fodder and an easy early boot from the moment the cast list came out.

I love that BeBe is back. Season 1 is not easily accessible (I have only seen tiny snippets) and the show's audience was only a fraction of what it is now. BeBe definitely deserves that exposure and I absolutely love her already! MUTHAFUCKIN CAMEROON is in the house!!!!! :inlove:

Milk and Trixie are being edited as the shady queens with their talking heads. But Trixie's are not funny at all and she just comes across as mean, bitchy, and bitter. I am really not a fan and hopefully the fix isn't in for her as has been speculated since before this even filmed. :lol:

Also I think Aja needs to sue her plastic surgeon because I see no improvement. :tape:

Reactions: Ryan and Hanan Ubis

·
Art & Futures
20,620 Posts
I understand that for Bebe joining this group means exposing her brand to a much larger audience. But it's weird. If she were to lose, how would that contextualize her status within the world of the show? But if were to win? How fucking annoying would that be? If they wanted someone from season one to come back, they should have picked Ongina, who has such a fresh and unique style.
I heard via spoiler that Ongina was supposed to be there but then there was some health issue last minute that wasn't resolved properly idk?

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Aja killed it in the challenge. That was a performance - the others can learn.
Super disappointed with Trixie, I almost fell asleep. Same with DeLa - I really did not think she should have been Top2.
In general, it was less entertaining compared to the Talent Show of AS2.
I am not too excited for this season but I guess it is better than not having. Still think that it was way too early for a AS3.

Reactions: Hanan Ubis

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I like the mix of queens. Its a lot of the ones who weren't quite ready in their seasons or fucked up their season at some point.

If i were to pick a top 4 ( not the 4 i Like the most)

Trixie
Bendela
Shangela
Bebe

Some of them like Milk are just cannon fodder.

·
Art & Futures
20,620 Posts
I like the mix of queens. Its a lot of the ones who weren't quite ready in their seasons or fucked up their season at some point.

If i were to pick a top 4 ( not the 4 i Like the most)

Trixie
Bendela
Shangela
Bebe

Some of them like Milk are just cannon fodder.
do you like Monica Beverly Hills? :eek:h:

·
Art & Futures
20,620 Posts
Aja killed it in the challenge. That was a performance - the others can learn.
Super disappointed with Trixie, I almost fell asleep. Same with DeLa - I really did not think she should have been Top2.
In general, it was less entertaining compared to the Talent Show of AS2.
I am not too excited for this season but I guess it is better than not having. Still think that it was way too early for a AS3.
I don't think it was too early... just don't think the cast is good enough as the previous two all-stars. At least it's not a terrible cast, and will be sufficient to sustain/grow interest in the series.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Ha no. It comes from Monica Seles LOL

My fav in all stars is probably Thorgy Thor

·
Art & Futures
20,620 Posts
I think they should have waited until after S10. There would be better and we would probably have some other queens from S09 instead.
maybe. they could have gotten better queens this season, but prob many of them didn't want to do it.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Even though I love the fact that we have a new Drag season, I do agree it was too soon to come with the next season.
Before of the start I didn't quite understand why Aja was there....but she rocked the challenge, it was impressive what she did.

I'm so happy that Chi Chi was saved, but I don't get what she tried to do as talent.
What I don't get is why she got bad critics because she wasn't wearing high heals. I hate it when on the one hand they say drag is an art of self expression, when you can be a character and define the social rules...on the other hand they say a drag queen has to wear high heals, and if you don't, then it's a mistake.

·
Registered
18,604 Posts
I don't think anyone is bad, but I don't know if I see too many all-stars. For instance are Aja and Chi Chi really all-stars? Do they really deserve to compete for another crown? I would have to agree that it's too soon to do another edition of AS, especially when it took them years to do AS2. I mean what's the T when you have RPDR1 winner competing with girls who finished outside the top 5?

·
Registered
43,700 Posts
I don't think anyone is bad, but I don't know if I see too many all-stars. For instance are Aja and Chi Chi really all-stars? Do they really deserve to compete for another crown? I would have to agree that it's too soon to do another edition of AS, especially when it took them years to do AS2. I mean what's the T when you have RPDR1 winner competing with girls who finished outside the top 5?
Even though Chi Chi messed up that challenge, she was still top 4. And there are many fans out there that think she should've been top 3 over Naomi in her season. Hard to argue that a top 4 girl in her season doesn't deserve to be on a season of All Stars. They are all there for a reason. It doesn't necessarily have to just be where they finished in their season, but what they have done outside of the show - Trixie, Milk.

Aja was expected by many to be top 3 from the start of her season.
Milk was also only top 9 (?) but since her season has done a lot in the real world in terms of her modeling. (Which then makes me think Miss Fame could easily be back for an AS season, if she wants to).

Oh and I mean.. Bebe is only there because they were scrambling to find a queen last minute. Valentina got the nod and then backed out, there were rumors Ongina also was going to be on then couldn't. The reason why they decided to make her entrance such a big spectacle is because they really didn't have a queen to do all those promos with at the time. Now they are trying to gag everyone by having a former winner. It's obvious that it wasn't their original intent to have a former winner on, but they can twist it to say it's better for her brand and to get more exposure.

·
Registered
18,604 Posts
Even though Chi Chi messed up that challenge, she was still top 4. And there are many fans out there that think she should've been top 3 over Naomi in her season. Hard to argue that a top 4 girl in her season doesn't deserve to be on a season of All Stars. They are all there for a reason. It doesn't necessarily have to just be where they finished in their season, but what they have done outside of the show - Trixie, Milk.

Aja was expected by many to be top 3 from the start of her season.
Milk was also only top 9 (?) but since her season has done a lot in the real world in terms of her modeling. (Which then makes me think Miss Fame could easily be back for an AS season, if she wants to).

Oh and I mean.. Bebe is only there because they were scrambling to find a queen last minute. Valentina got the nod and then backed out, there were rumors Ongina also was going to be on then couldn't. The reason why they decided to make her entrance such a big spectacle is because they really didn't have a queen to do all those promos with at the time. Now they are trying to gag everyone by having a former winner. It's obvious that it wasn't their original intent to have a former winner on, but they can twist it to say it's better for her brand and to get more exposure.
Yes, and Aja quickly proved in her season that she's not worthy of a crown. Her makeup is still awful. Just because fans thought they should have won doesn't mean that she's actually an AS.

I like Chi Chi a lot but she hasn't done anything that proves to me she should be mentioned alongside the likes of Violet, Raja, Bianca, etc. (Though I suspect if Tyra's there then anyone can be.) But where's a Mariah Successful or a Delta or a Courtney or a Pearl or a Kim Chi? I'm fine with Milk or Shangela or Trixie even if they didn't necessarily slay during their seasons because they are icons of the show, and AS should be like that.

And this is exactly the point: If they were scrambling for a tenth queen, they should have waited another season before staging another edition of AS. Maybe by then someone like Aja could have evolved her drag more. She looks like half-a-step better than she was in her season. And the fact that she's there but not Trinity/Shea/Peppermint proves that they were desperate for participants.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts