Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Women's Professional Tennis Association

Welcome to Women's Professional Tennis Association! I Cat's Pajamas ( or Blake if you will) will be running this new and exciting game! If you would like to join WPTA just follow the simple rules below.

1). Pick a WTA Tour player who is preferably ranked #1-200 along with their style of play. Other players such as Kournikova, Seles, or Capriati are also acceptable just seek my permission first but i'll probably accept them. The taken players are listed below.

2). You must send points weekly. If you fail to send in points 2 weeks in a row you may be suspended. If you don't send points one week I will use your points from the previous week but if you fail to send the next tournament you will be forced to forfeit.

3). Articles are encouraged and have benefits as you will see below.

4). The first tournament will begin once we have at least 16 players. If there is more than 16 there will be qualifying, except Grand Slams will be all direct entries. Once we get to 32 then we will use a size 32 draw and if we exceed that then there will be more qualifying etc.

5.) For each tournament there will be one wildcard that will receive direct entry regaurdless of ranking. Below are the order used in determining who will receive the wildcard.
a. Any player that is of the nationality that the tournament is being held.
b. A player who has been writing articles frequently that are of high quality
c. A player that had an excellent result in a tournament from the previous week but ranking did not provide direct entry.​

6). Rankings will determine seeds and direct entries for tournaments. Points will have to be defended in the next season and will be replaced each season by new results.

7). Doubles will also be apart of WPTA. It will have the same point system as singles. There will also be mixed doubles for the Grand Slams. Everyone will you use 100 points reguardless of styles.

8). Most importantly have fun!

Point System

After you choose your player choose their style of player. They can be either a hard hitter, counter puncher, serve and volleyer, or an all-around player.
When you pick your player's type you will have a number of points to divide into 13 games depending on which surface. It will be two out of 3 sets and you know how this style of game is so I think you got it! If there is a tie in a game I will flip a coin. Whoever wins the toss has ad. I will flip again and if the person who has ad wins again the win the game if the other player wins its deuce and I will keep tossing until someone wins.

Hard Hitter - Rebound Ace: 130 Clay: 120 Grass: 140 Hard: 150

Counter Puncher - Rebound Ace: 140 Clay: 150 Grass: 120 Hard: 130

Serve and Volleyer - Rebound Ace: 120 Clay: 130 Grass: 150 Hard: 140

All Around - All Surfaces: 135

Taken Players:
  1. Martina Hingis
  2. Serena Williams
  3. Venus Williams
  4. Justine Henin-Hardenne
  5. Lindsay Davenport
  6. Nadia Petrova
  7. Daniela Hantuchova
  8. Amelie Mauresmo
  9. Aleksandra Wozniak
  10. Elena Baltacha
  11. Patty Schnyder
  12. Tatiana Golovin
  13. Anna-Lena Groenefeld
  14. Anna Kournikova
  15. Iveta Benesova
  16. Maria Sharapova
  17. Ana Ivanovic
  18. Marie-Eve Pelletier
  19. Svetlana Kuznetsova
  20. Bethanie Mattek
  21. Ashley Harkleroad
  22. Na Li
  23. Vania King
  24. Elena Dementieva
  25. Lucie Safarova
  26. Maria Kirilenko
  27. Nicole Vaidisova

·
Registered
12,849 Posts
ill join as na li thanks! - hard hitter

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
welcome na li you will start next week in Auckland

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcom Nicole you will also start in Auckland next week

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
welcome mauresmo you will start this week in auckland!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I would like to join please. I will be Gisela Dulko, Sevre and Volleyer.

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank You for joining Gisela unfortuantely the draw for Auckland was just made so your gonna have to wait till Syndey but you can play doubles. Our first serve and vollyeyer to :lol:

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
Shinobu Asagoe :)

Serve and Volleyer as well I guess :)

This game looks certainly worth joining

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for joining Asagoe you will have to start next week in Sydney but feel free to look around for a doubles partner this week in Auckland!

·
Registered
24,441 Posts
thankyou :)

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Justine Henin-Hardenne is a hard hitter. :)

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for joining Justine you will start next week in Sydney

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome Maria ! You will start next week in Charleston

·
A Young Troubadour.
16,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm very sorry for my inactivity in WPTA. In my house we had a major sewage problem with debris and water coming out of our sink and shower :barf: anyways its very disgusting and so we have to stay in a hotel for the repairs to be done and I can only access WTAworld when I go to school but Charleston should be starting sometime this week. Once again im very sorry but i think our house is cursed!

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Cat's Pajamas said:
I'm very sorry for my inactivity in WPTA. In my house we had a major sewage problem with debris and water coming out of our sink and shower :barf: anyways its very disgusting and so we have to stay in a hotel for the repairs to be done and I can only access WTAworld when I go to school but Charleston should be starting sometime this week. Once again im very sorry but i think our house is cursed!
No worries- hope everything gets sorted at home!! :wavey:

1 - 20 of 242 Posts