Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tennis Chess​

Tennis Chess ia a game similar to games you well know Tennis Tipping and Tipping.

There is a draw in Tennis Chess for as many players as in real WTA Tournament we're playing without byes:

aaa vs bbb
ccc vs ddd
xxx vs yyy

The main rule is just to make more right picks in each round than your opponent. If you do you reach next round, if not you're out.

R1
aaa vs bbb 9-7
ccc vs ddd 11-9

R2
aaa vs ccc

If there is a draw in 1st round, a winner is that whos posted his last picks earlier (but if someone will edit his pick later is also counting like posting picks)
In next rounds in case of draw firstly we look back to previous round to emerge a winner:

R2
aaa vs ccc 6-6 -> R1: aaa-9, ccc-11
winner is ccc

In case of draw in R2 and the same number of right picks in R1 there is a time of posted R2 picks deciding.

Why Tennis Chess?
The rules seems easy but the game is not that simple like posting tennis players you think will win, because it can give you nothing. You have to play chess with your opponent, deluding him in order to change your picks in last time to beat him.

You shuold send all picks from particular round in ONE post before certain time(first match start) but in case of 1st and 2nd round where matches are played sometimes two days you can sending picks in two daily separate post, that way give you chance to react if you're losing after Day1 to send different picks than your opponent. It's a possibility to edit yours picks until the same certain time what posting it first time. .

Points will be awarded like in WTA tournament and made rankings:
-Tour single
-Race to YEC

Reactions: Hele.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: New Game!!! Tennis Chess!!! please just read the rules!

it's similar to tennis tipping but definitely not the same. Please Tzar try to play than you will see.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

just a short question about a scenario where the scores are tied

From what i understand, if scores are tied in R2

1, R1 scores are used to decide
2, if scores are still tied it goes on the time of the last edit on the post

but what about the final for example?

does it go:

1, SF scores, QF scores, R2 scores then R1 scores before the time of last edit
or
2, SF scores then the time of last edit

not important i guess, but just something i was wondering from looking at the rules :)

great game btw :yeah:

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

just a short question about a scenario where the scores are tied

From what i understand, if scores are tied in R2

1, R1 scores are used to decide
2, if scores are still tied it goes on the time of the last edit on the post

but what about the final for example?

does it go:

1, SF scores, QF scores, R2 scores then R1 scores before the time of last edit
or
2, SF scores then the time of last edit

not important i guess, but just something i was wondering from looking at the rules :)

great game btw :yeah:
this way it goes :)

·
Registered
25,370 Posts

ok i must admit im a little puzzled what will happen in the later rounds, if the final is say serena vs pin both players left in the final will both surely want to pick serena? if its how picks serena closest to a certain time then thats not great as one of the finalist could be out near the time of deciding.

i've never played a tennis game before but i would consider this one if a few things were cleared up/ironed out

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

ok i must admit im a little puzzled what will happen in the later rounds, if the final is say serena vs pin both players left in the final will both surely want to pick serena? if its how picks serena closest to a certain time then thats not great as one of the finalist could be out near the time of deciding.

i've never played a tennis game before but i would consider this one if a few things were cleared up/ironed out
OK, let's imagine situation like this:
final round Serena vs Pin, and is final between player A and B
both want to pick Serena but only one should do this. which one? player A! cause not time is deciding who's the winner but previous picks from earlier rounds. if both had 2 right picks in semi we look back agian, player A collected 4 points for Quaters and player B 3 points, A is a winner. Now different situation both had the same number of right picks in all previous round, so now time of posted final pick is deciding. In this case if you reach the final but your opponent first send pick for Serena, you can only post Pin as a winner and cheering for her. Maybe Serena will be injured than you will win :D

It would be awesome if you join, who knows maybe you are first winner - luck of novice!

and if you have more questions just write here.

·
Premium Member
4,251 Posts

I agree with Tzar here, this is Tennis Tipping for me. Predicting as many right matches as possible, which is also the goal of Tennis Tipping. And the fact of time of sending is only making it less nice and more addictive, so I'm not starting play here. I'm sorry about that!

·
Registered
50,589 Posts

In. Just try to remind me about this in a few days, because I always forget this stuff.

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
What happens in Fed Cup next year? We should do that we find people from our countries and make teams. Since I might night find another Greek, how would that work for me, and other players from small countries? Would it be similar to tennis chess doubles? Will we not play fed cup?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What happens in Fed Cup next year? We should do that we find people from our countries and make teams. Since I might night find another Greek, how would that work for me, and other players from small countries? Would it be similar to tennis chess doubles? Will we not play fed cup?
I've never tought about that, but this could a very intresting to play Fed Cup.

Btw, we need more people so if you want you can find some players from Greece and other countries to play Chess :) and don't wait with that to next year :D

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
I've never tought about that, but this could a very intresting to play Fed Cup.

Btw, we need more people so if you want you can find some players from Greece and other countries to play Chess :) and don't wait with that to next year :D
I will invite more people to play Tennis Chess.

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
how will grand slams work? do we need 128 players? if so, i will try to get people to play. also, do you have to have a greek flag in your icon to play fed cup? I know a person that is Greek but lives in Britain and has a British flag icon, and wants to represent Greece.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
for GS 128 players would be like a miracle but around 100 would be awesome too. about Fed Cup... I don't know it now.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts

sorry but this is Tennis Tipping for me.
it really is :tape: :help:

Why you didn't call it TT2? We already have this game so better stop this ;)
Your really lifeless to play in a game which is TT2 actually :silly:

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
maybe we should back to previous rules?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts