Tennis Forum banner

Rules for "retired" matches please

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  BUBI 
#1 ·
Look at this->

Estoril: N. Li vs. J. Zheng Tennis N. Li SETTLED 106 8/11 (0.73) 0

6-7 7-5 when retired

so, in this match I had bet on NA LI, it was 1-1 in sets and Na Li retired from match- I lost my stake...

and today->

Eastbourne: K. Clijsters vs. V. Zvonareva Tennis K. Clijsters ABANDONED 1000 1/6 (0.17) -

3-0 when retired

so today I had bet on player who won match after someone retired, and- now match is not SETTLED, it is ABANDONED, I got my stake back and won 0!

Why we dont have ONE rule for that retired matches and not once we have SETTLED situation and in second case ABANDONED? I tried to find answers in "Introduction to vBetting" topic but NOTHING there, someone already asked that there BUT nobody answered :confused:

See less See more
#2 ·
Hun, there is only ONE rule for this. The reason why you didn't win on Kim is because the first set wasn't finished! Even though she was winning 3-0, the first set wasn't finished so there was no way that stakes could be paid out.

You didn't get your stake back.. because you didn't win nor did you lose. You simply got your bet back.

Seriously, calm your ass down. It's only 170 vCash. That's all you would have won..

:shrug:

#3 ·
kenny said:
Hun, there is only ONE rule for this. The reason why you didn't win on Kim is because the first set wasn't finished! Even though she was winning 3-0, the first set wasn't finished so there was no way that stakes could be paid out.

You didn't get your stake back.. because you didn't win nor did you lose. You simply got your bet back.

Seriously, calm your ass down. It's only 170 vCash. That's all you would have won..

:shrug:
just asking, I am calm, don`t worry... But I still do not understand because in Na Li - Zheng match there was 1-1 in sets. BTW- thanks for answer

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

#6 ·
Mark Spruce said:
It does get complicated !!! :eek:

agree... it was 1-1 in sets, and Na Li even won one more game than Zheng and in that moment no one had "lead" in match... It is not for this 100-200 vcash, it is just that we do not have any rule for that and I saw on 5-6 places on forum people are asking for that, so I thought Amanda could answer us how things are going if someone retires... :wavey: I think it is stupid to make some rules, because if someone retires - it should be abandoned and stake back, no matter what result was at that moment.... :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

#8 ·
I think as long as one set was played then whoever wins via retirement is the winner so you get paid out for that. If a set isn't finished, then the bets are abbandoned. I'm not 100% sure, but I remember reading somehting like that about the retirement rules. It's gotta be here somewhere, just look through the forums to find the official vbetting rules.:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.