Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Admin
69,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have any ideas about a rule or several rules in TT that you want changed, then just post them in here and we will look at them, together, at the end of the season, in a few weeks.
There will be polls about several decisions for sure, some things which were discussed a few times over the last years won't be discussed again this year.

Nothing will be done before the end of the season (unless there is a truly exceptional circumstance), this thread is more a place to write down an idea you have that you might forget about later.

Feel free to make suggestions and feel free to give us a feedback in the thread as well about the ideas coming up here, it will make it easier for the board to see if ideas/suggestions are popular or not or if a poll makes sense or if it is already clear that a rule change will happen or not!

But please behave, no off topic talk, fights etc., stay on topic, discuss rules only and exchange opinions, no drama needed here!

I will send a PM again to all players like last year over the next days to remind people of this thread!

·
Admin
69,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

just to make sure that we reach as many people as possible ;)
please apply, we need new people for our TT board!!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
If you and your partner are facing each other in singles you MUST not have the exact same picks, failure to do so results in being replaced by an alt/LL if this happens in round 1, or if not a 1st round none advancing to the next round and the person who was going to face one of the two gets a walkover. There has been multiple instances this year where partners who always pick the same faced eachother in singles and still picked the same resulting in the manager having to get a whole OOP from another tournament just because they were too lazy to check who they were facing.

·
Registered
7,706 Posts
I think that late entries should not be seeded in the qualifying draw. In one tournament this year, several LEs got into the main draw with a bye without playing a single match just because they got seeded. I think it was unfair to the lower-ranked players that committed on time.
Fully agree with this.

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
50,138 Posts
Award WC to managers to big tournaments (or at least to the tournament they are managing)
Tbh I think most managers prefer when they can to play another tournament than the one they manage, it makes it easier ;)

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
50,138 Posts
I would remove PR - too much work with checking it :p
Maybe a more simple system would be to replace it with a few Wild Cards for former players ?
Plus it’s not like we still have 200 recurrent players, it’s quite easy to get directly in MD of itf’s when coming back anyways

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Tbh I think most managers prefer when they can to play another tournament than the one they manage, it makes it easier ;)
I do agree with this, it is easier to play another tournaments because you dont have to worry about having someone to get your picks.

My idea would be that if you manage an ITF for example, then you would get a wildcard to a WTA500 or something like that. It's just to give more motivation to manage tournaments. This year I only managed one tournament and I felt it was a lot of work, so I think it would be nice to have more managers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts