Tennis Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
2,579 Posts
That stupid guy doesn't know how to console Kim at all like any other interviewer.

· Registered
4,100 Posts
The flags, marines and anthems just look so much like the tackier days of the Soviet Union (or George 111) its not surprising that they get the foreigners names wrong and cut them off mid-speech like one should foreigners....expect the French to sing "the marseilles" next year - probably every time Serena starts a service game..

· Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
4,852 Posts
What a great tournament in the GREATEST city in the world!! :rolleyes:

· Registered
12,908 Posts
I know, it was the worst ceremony i've seen!
I thought the players would be making speeches and i look forward to player's speeches at the end of grand slams, but they just asked a few crappy questions and didnt let them say anything of their own! :rolleyes:

· Registered
2,358 Posts
The US Open always has poor prize presentation ceremonies. Who cares who sponsored the event or how many mayors showed up to watch.
Wimbledon does the only appropriate ceremony - no sponsors, no nationalistic bollocks, no politics and prize money isn't even mentioned.
Just give out the trophies and let the players have their say.

· Registered
5,911 Posts
Experimentee said:
I know, it was the worst ceremony i've seen!
I thought the players would be making speeches and i look forward to player's speeches at the end of grand slams, but they just asked a few crappy questions and didnt let them say anything of their own! :rolleyes:
yeah everything went so fast, no "ceremony" feeling, that's for sure..

· Registered
713 Posts
It was a disaster, the USTA should be ashamed. They were so rude because they were pissed at no Americans in the final.

· Registered
5,033 Posts
That was a boring ceremony, rude to both players. The interviewer was just dumb and I noticed also that Kim would've liked to talk a little more. He just took the mic off and started talking. He could've said : "Shut up", that would've been the same thing. I think they were a little pissed off at the fact it was an all belgian final...

· Registered
3,765 Posts
The interviewer, Dick Enberg, also commentates during the matches and confuses serves that are just service winners with aces. He's quite tennis naive, despite CBS sticking them in their commentary team.

You foreigners are lucky you didn't have to deal with him during matches.

It would have been much better if they had a real tennis player doing the interviewing. For Christ's sake, they had Billie Jean King, Rod Laver, Pam Shriver, Mary Carillo, Martina Navratilova, McEnroex2, etc. on the grounds and they use Enberg?!

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
I don't think he was rude, I just think he thought that Kim was a bit lost for words and needed bailing out.

If I was Justine, I would have looked behind me and just appeared blank until someone whispered to that old fool that my name wasn't Christine.

· Keeper of Secrets
9,058 Posts
cynicole said:
The interviewer, Dick Enberg, also commentates during the matches and confuses serves that are just service winners with aces. He's quite tennis naive, despite CBS sticking them in their commentary team.

?!

omg that's even more embarassing, hopefully he won't be there next year.

· Registered
151,758 Posts
controlfreak said:
I don't think he was rude, I just think he thought that Kim was a bit lost for words and needed bailing out.

If I was Justine, I would have looked behind me and just appeared blank until someone whispered to that old fool that my name wasn't Christine.
That's a joke right? Kim was lost for words? :confused: She stopped talking because the crowd clapped, and the guy pulled the mike away from her before she could continue!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.