Tennis Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I think about Chanda's Chances in Shanghai:

Doubles:

Rubin/Gagliardi are playing doubles together this week at the Shanghai Open and they're 4th seeded. Its a pretty weak draw.....no one really has their same doubles partners except for the people rankings out of the top 100.

Its very interesting that Rubin decided to play doubles this week. You'd think she'd want to focus on singles after losing so easily to Dementieva....that was a big shocker for me (even for some dementieva fans).

Singles

Rubin has a really good chance to get into another final, there is nobody I can see who can upset her this week except for maybe Martinez in the Semi-Finals, if Martinez can get there (which she probably will). It will be interesting to see if Rubin can beat Martinez, because if Rubin does than we know she is prepared for anyone, because after all this is only her second tournament after her injury come-back. She should either face Dementieva or Sugiyama in the finals, but the way Dementieva has been playing I believe its going to be another Dementieva/Rubin final, who will win I do not know.

As we have seen lately, Rubin does not lose to the same person twice in a row (except for Clijsters, who she has a big mental block against).

Example:

Capriati DEF. Rubin at Nasdaq-100 2003

Rubin DEF. Capriati Eastbourne 2003

But it would not be suprising if Dementieva did beat Rubin because Dementieva is really playing well lately. If Rubin can even get into the final I think she has a chance.

But that just my opinion! Tell me what you think, you can bash me if you'd like :p

· Banned
2,189 Posts
UMMMM capriati is playing in Shanghai so im guessing she will win the title!

· Banned
2,189 Posts
lets face it people Rubin suckes compared to a brilliant capriati (and capriati is playing to well anyways...:lol:)

· Banned
2,189 Posts
here must be a mistake because she entered the tournrment!

· Registered
11,065 Posts
Trish101 said:
here must be a mistake because she entered the tournrment!
i think you have to give the draw precedence over a commitment list when it comes to who's playing in a tournament.

perhaps that the article from 'newsworld' wasn't write on the mark, and jennifer hasn't recovered from her choke job against justine. or maybe she's just taking some time of to work with her serving coach ;)

· Registered
3,887 Posts
Give the trophy to Lena D instead of praising Chanda all the time

· Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FLL said:
Give the trophy to Lena D instead of praising Chanda all the time
Well DUH! This is a Rubin cheering thread....and why would I cheer on Lena when I don't like here.....And if you are going to post negative things about Chanda please don't post it in my Chanda thread....you can go do it in someone elses....

SO POO ON YOU!

· SMUstang,
8,430 Posts
Go Chanda :)

way to shut trish up alex :)

· Registered
3,465 Posts
:rolleyes: @ Trish
I think Chanda has a good chance to take the title - she usually takes a couple weeks after being out to really find her form anyway. Although I don't know where her confidence is right now - hopefully making it to the final last week helped her out. Even if she doesn't win, she has a great chance to make the final and solidify her standing in the 'race to the chase'. Good luck Chanda!

· Registered
3,887 Posts
It's not written anywhere that this is a cheering thread so shut the hell up! If you want her to win that much, you shouldn't say a word because everytime you talk, she loses!

US Open, Bali......do you get the picture :retard:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.