Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow...she was all over the television tonight. First off, Headline News gave a story of her recent appearance on Will & Grace as a gay mom. Then about her work with trying to abolish legislation in Florida which prevents gays and lesbians from adopting. And now, Diane Sawyer has been given an exclusive interview with Rosie...who is expected to come out in the interview.

So what are your feelings about this? Is it a good/bad thing? Is it important for her to do? What would be the ramifications is she did come out?

I personally think this could be huge news and it is going to be very interesting to see how the public attitudes will be after (if she is indeed gay) her declaration. I think this could be very important for the gay community. Other celebrities acknowledgment of their homosexuality have been met with mixed responses from the general public. Rose, however, enjoys such huge adoration and respect from her fans and peers....this is going to be really interesting...

Your thoughts?

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,480 Posts
I always thought Rosie was gay anyway, and I assumed most others thought so too?

I personally think it's great. Rosie's a good person, and I think for her to come out to the world about it openly would be a really admirable thing to do - it takes a lot of courage, and I think her coming out would only continue to help make it more acceptable, plus at least she wouldn't have to hide anymore. It can be a real burden, and you have to be true to yourself - if Rosie is in fact gay, then I think regardless of reaction by some, it will do her good in the long run.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I still can't believe she molested those kids - then appeared in public with that ugly mop of red hair. :rolleyes: Erm OMG! ROSIE O'DONNELL! Sorry I got confused. Nevermind. Wrong **** comedienne. :eek:

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
188,404 Posts
Non Issue! I don't really care who's gay and who's not!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I thought it was a given that Rosie was gay. Look at the facts: Single mum. Adopted kids. Wears suits like Ellen De Generes. Friend of Madonna. ;)

Personally, I don't think too many people, straight or gay, would be surprised at all by her admission. It wouldn't be as shocking (well, eyebrow-raising) as say, someone like Tom Cruise. Come to think of it. She tried to cover up her lesbianism by pretending to drool over Tom Cruise every time he appeared on her show. I'm not sure how many people actually bought that idea though.

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Yeah i don't think it'll really matter to any of Rosie's fans that she's gay because i've always been a big fan of her and I always assumed she was gay so it shouldn't really matter... and like somebody said it has always been faily obvious that she was gay so it doesn't really matter...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I thought she had an affair with Dana Plato?

With her show going off the air, I guess she needs the publicity. She's just telling what everyone already knows. Tabloids have been publishing these things for years, with pictures and everything. Now, the shocker would be if Diane Sawyer comes out to Rosie during the interview!

·
Registered
293 Posts
oh wow, so when she claimed to be in love with Tom Cruise that was all a lie?
Everybody knew this, Howard Stern has been talking about her being gay for as long as I can remember. She is no nice person either, I've heard tons of people who worked with ther that said she is an absolute bitch.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Gay or not gay - she's still the same person she was before she achnolages it publically - if she does.

So I hope that most people recognize that, and don't feel any differently about her.

Of course there will be osme people who liked her who are turned off because of a possible gay admission - but those people are ignorant anyhow, and its THEIR loss.

And for those who don't like her to begin with - I'm sure they could care less either way.

:)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I for one am kinda intrigued about this interview. Not so much that it is a surprise or anything...but she is a very vocal person, and it will be interesting to see what she says about the whole gay adoption thing. She is supposed to be critical of Bush in the interview. It is tonight on Dateline...

She is so popular with middle America....should be interesting...

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
oh who cares?
i mean she's still the same women right?
i mean she hasnt changed has she?

like barrie said it's not an issue!

personally, i'm not a huge fan, but it doesnt matter if shes into women or men, shes not gonna change in my eyes and she shouldnt in others!

As long as she is happy, it's all good!

Much love to everyone!
:kiss:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Kisha...yeah I agree with you guys. who cares....I am just interested in hearing her opinion which she can be very opinionated....and vocal.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,778 Posts
Personally, I don't think too many people, straight or gay, would be surprised at all by her admission. It wouldn't be as shocking (well, eyebrow-raising) as say, someone like Tom Cruise. Come to think of it. She tried to cover up her lesbianism by pretending to drool over Tom Cruise every time he appeared on her show. I'm not sure how many people actually bought that idea though
From her interview it appears that Tom Cruise has known about her sexuality .... She said that they are really close friends, and she and her partner have had dinner with him and his ex-wife and now his new girlfriend many times.

Diane Sawyer asked her about her fascination with him, I don't remember her exact words , but she did say that she 's not in love with him in a sexual way, she just thinks that he is so darn fine , and there is no reason that gay people cannot find people of the opposite sex attractive... She compared the way she feels about him to Davey somebody of the Monkeys I think.

I really get annoyed with sometimes when she gets on her soapbox, but I am happy that she is an advocate for the innocent kids ... I once wrote a paper on the Florida Foster Care system, and I can't tell you how much I cried my eyes out while doing the research
:fiery: :fiery:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I thought Rosie's interview tonight was excellent. I think most people already knew she was gay, so I don't think that's the issue here.

Rosie is now being vocal because she wants to change the adoption laws in Florida. I am in total agreement with her. I believe if 2 people are willing to adopt a child and love and care for that child that it shouldn't matter what sexuality those people are. My parents are foster parents, so I have seen the system up close. It's very sad and unfortunate what those children go through. I think most kids would thrive in a household full of love regardless if the parents are heterosexual or homosexual.

I commend Rosie for being an advocate on this issue!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts