Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ons used to throw these kinds of matches away , but her fighting spirit and mental game improved.

·
Registered
119,406 Posts
Thats a tough one. Match point and your opponent hits the line
Kasatkina has one of the worst serves in the top 100 and almost made a 1000 final

·
Registered
58,524 Posts
too close for comfort but I'll put it on the fatigue

at least she's through to the final (y)
that's a match she had no business losing , so I'm glad she fought despite playing pretty ... inconsistent tennis - let's put it this way :worship:

Madrid W and Rome F :hearts: so proud of her !

·
Registered
273 Posts
Anti tennis almost stroke again but thank goodness for those two lines at 4-5 in the third. Kasatkina ran out of steam a bit towards the end, could not run like she did the entire tournament. All I can say about this match.

·
Registered
15,766 Posts

That was a hot mess at the end, but somehow the tennis gods spoke and made Ons' shots land in.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
That was a fun match and it was literally decided by centimeters, because Ons FH winner down the MP just caught the line. :eek2:

The final seems to be so exciting now. :cheer:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Kasatkina has built an identity of herself as a strict baseliner. If she stopped convincing herself that getting into the net is treacherous then she could win these close matches. Swiatek was fearful of the net but is getting over that.

·
Registered
14,096 Posts
Not Kasatkina double-faulting on a 52mph serve. 😬

Love this new mentally tough Jabeur.

·
Premium Member
5,313 Posts
Ons has come so far this season! It’s great to see. I hope she shakes off the shellacking she’s going to get in the final quickly because she’s definitely a title contender in Paris.

·
Registered
22,222 Posts
Ons has really improved her mental strength and grit, really showed some champion's mettle and grit in the third set when she was MP down, just finding the lines and playing some really clutch tennis. She looks absolutely gassed though and who can blame her? First time in her career she's put together a run like this, and no shame to lose to Iga tomorrow in the final especially if she's physically and mentally gone.

Kasatkina is such a pusher, worse than SST at times. That serve was bad, but it has now reached Errani levels. Those 70km/h serves deserve to be spanked for a winner every single time. She has an uncanny ability to drag her opponents down to her level though... which I'm not sure is a compliment or not?

Anyway, hopefully Jabeur can avoid bakery products tomorrow and put up a good fight tomorrow, although I won't be surprised if the final scoreline ends up to be something similar to Iga's other finals.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts