Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vika won relatively easy with a solid performance, and Garbi seemed to be a bit injured in her second match today.

·
Registered
12,279 Posts
Ga-Mug returns Vika's favor from Monterrey:hug: Grab those QFs points gurl...God knows when she is gonna get such chances again:sobbing:

Ps: Forgot to thank Danielle Rose again:hug:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
After this tournament us Vika fans can't use the bad luck narrative for a while. With a back-to-back choke and retirement to reach the QF Vika got repaid some karma. :p

Poor Garbi had a thigh injury, played some nice points but clearly not able to put her entire body into it. :hug: She got the short end of the stick with having to play two matches in one day. Hope she will be fully healthy for RG again.

·
Registered
31,090 Posts
Lmao Garbiñe couldn't let Vika steal her title. Even if Vika handed her the real title :eek:h:. How nice of both of them :lol:.

On a more serious note I tried to watch the match but my shitty internet connection meant that most of it was buffering, but it doesn't seem like there is too much else to be said about this match. Vika did what she needed to, and for once has managed to take advantage of some stars aligning in her favor.

A very tough task next as Plíšková is never easy and Kenin already beat her in a QF this year.

Vika also potentially has two doubles matches tonight. While I normally hate to see her pull out, playing both does not seem like a very good idea…

·
Registered
85,246 Posts
Such a mess with that shedule. Lucky guest.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I will never forget this one match when two players participated in the contest ''who will retire first'' in WTA MM trying to make it in time for AO qualies. :SNE:

It was the Mertens v Vickery match 2 or 3 years ago.
Mertens called the trainer, but Vickery retired on the spot before the trainer arrived.

Mertens ended up winning the tournament. Haha

A farce.

The WTA changed the rule after that match, so this won’t be repeated again.

Reactions: Perun

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Mug replacing Vika as the new retirement queen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts