♡
25,029 Posts
yes yes and yes:bounce::banana:

who said Vika is bad on clay:rolleyes:?

Vika is on fire:hearts::rocker:

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,502 Posts
Blimey. No matter how one cuts it that has to count as a major beatdown. I have got to say Azarenka is starting to look more and more like a future number one. She really has taken her tennis to a higher level this year.

As for Wozniacki, well it's a setback for sure. A big one. But then again these two are going to play each other many many times over the next five to ten years, possibly longer. There will be many opportunities in the future to regain the initiative from Azarenka. However there is no question right now which of these two players is currently in the assendency of this rivalry and by a very healthy margin too.

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
i think this result just proves the gulf in class between these 2 players. caro is a decent player but will only make top 10 by playing a stupid number of tournaments.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Victoria should win against Kaia/Patty winner tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
wow. impressive scoreline.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
i think this result just proves the gulf in class between these 2 players. caro is a decent player but will only make top 10 by playing a stupid number of tournaments.

Clay is Caroline's worst surface so I'm not surprised at this loss. On a hard court I'm still not convinced that Azarenka would be a hot favourite to win (Caro leads hard court H2H 2-1 if you count Fed Cup) . I know Azarenka won Miami but she beat an injured Serena and a still tired from her previous match Kuznetsova (and even then she had to go to 3 sets , plus Caroline also took Sveta to 3 sets even though she lost). Not to take away from any of her achievments but let's not get carried away with the difference in ability between Caroline and Victoria. Whilst at this point Victoria may have achieved more IMO she isn't a great deal better than Caro.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
I think if Chakvetadze can make the top 5 there is certainly hope for Caroline. Whats their head 2 head again...2-0?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts