Tennis Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Discussion Starter #61
I've not caught a lot of live tennis this past 18 months, but Marketa seems like the real deal in terms of talent, physically has moved on nicely since her mid teens. Gotta admire the Czech production line of players.
Yes agreed, I've said before on here my admiration for Czech Republic, and the amount of talent such a small country produces, knows no bounds. I honestly think other countries, big and small, should conduct some sort of study or research into how they've managed to do it to try and emulate their results:lol:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Yes agreed, I've said before on here my admiration for Czech Republic, and the amount of talent such a small country produces, knows no bounds. I honestly think other countries, big and small, should conduct some sort of study or research into how they've managed to do it to try and emulate their results:lol:
It has always amused me that when the LTA hire a foreign boss they always go american or australian or something for advice and how to run it and yet closer by is a super charged factory of tennis players being ignored.

·
Discussion Starter #63
It has always amused me that when the LTA hire a foreign boss they always go american or australian or something for advice and how to run it and yet closer by is a super charged factory of tennis players being ignored.
The LTA are an utter disgrace, this just came out this morning:

Lawn Tennis Association posts £8.8m loss — and participation is down too

I personally don't think the LTA care about tennis. Judy Murray came out recently and expressed her incredulity at the LTA's inability to even try and capitalise off of Andy Murray's success in order to scout for new talent. I'm pretty sure she's basically trying to find young tennis talent on her own and practically from her own back pocket. I think the Scottish Government have helped her somewhat but the LTA have been utterly useless.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It looks like Halep will not be defending her trophy at Roland Garros. Someone please make one of those "the fall cometh" threads.
My prediction is for someone without a slam in the top 25 winning it.

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
I am from Czechia and just today I had a lunch at a big tennis & squash center in Prague, seeing many young athletes training, including two about 8-year-old twin girls who had huge Babolat bags over their shoulders and already looked very passionate and professional about the sport. Maybe new Pliskovas? :lol:

So yeah, the factory is running at full throttle and there are actually three big national tennis centres in the country :)

BTW, I'm still glad that the partnership with Ivan Lendl has worked out so well for Andy Murray and the British tennis in general. It was really great to see all that success AM was able to achieve :cool:

·
Rest in peace Bally
15,160 Posts
The "Queen of Clay" gets completely schooled by a 19-year old, again. I continue to be amazed Simona has ever been a relevant player when she has no real tennis skills. All she can do is grind, and she can't even do that very well, since she's always "tired" or "injured". Of course her fanbase is ready with the excuses about playing 2 matches in a day. Just the prospect of it was too much for Simona, coming off a long week in Madrid. I guess that's why Bertens lost her first match too. Wait...

And now we get to hear about how Rome doesn't matter. It's all about Paris. LOL
Regardless of her draw, Simona's not getting past the 4th round. The odds of her facing a good player in the first four rounds who can expose her nothing game are extremely high. Also, she's due for another first round flop (Already has more than twice as many as any other top-5 player), and she'll easily crack under the pressure of defending a Slam title. Might as well create the thread now about the defending RG champ losing in the first round two years in a row.

This analysis is so precise. Couldn't have said it better! :worship:

LaHjelp losing in RG R1... Can't wait! :drool: :drool: :drool:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
It was shocking to see how effective those drop shots were, again and again. I suspect that we will see more players attempt them on clay against a Simona who sits deep and hits in the middle of the court. Not every player has Vondrousova’s touch, but it seems easier than trying to hit through Simona on clay.
Yeah sure she exposed training mode Halep good luck doing that in live matches. It always works for 1 or 2 and after those dropshots become Halep's immediate winners instead

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah sure she exposed training mode Halep good luck doing that in live matches. It always works for 1 or 2 and after those dropshots become Halep's immediate winners instead
Oh please, stop this nonsense! Are you for real? You and the Gewa character are complete opposites, but every bit as delusional. Almost every post I read from both of you is so full of completely unrealistic claims that it has become tiresome. Having come to this realization, I will take the opportunity to try and discover the ignore function.

It did feel that in the third set Halep wasn't giving everything - her coach actually told her to go for risky shots if she felt she couldn't move well and that the focus should be RG. But tbh, she had been outplayed for much of the match and I wouldn't bet on her in future matches with Vondrousova. I think 80-90% of those dropshots caught Halep on the wrong foot. And overall, she couldn't really adapt to her opponent's varied and well-balanced game.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Oh please, stop this nonsense! Are you for real? You and the Gewa character are complete opposites, but every bit as delusional. Almost every post I read from both of you is so full of completely unrealistic claims that it has become tiresome. Having come to this realization, I will take the opportunity to try and discover the ignore function.

It did feel that in the third set Halep wasn't giving everything - her coach actually told her to go for risky shots if she felt she couldn't move well and that the focus should be RG. But tbh, she had been outplayed for much of the match and I wouldn't bet on her in future matches with Vondrousova. I think 80-90% of those dropshots caught Halep on the wrong foot. And overall, she couldn't really adapt to her opponent's varied and well-balanced game.
Really fair and accurate analysis!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Simona's record against the Czechs is still as one sided as it gets :lol:. Also, in the last 5 years, Simona has like almost double the points from the second place, which is held by Sharapova (11094 to 6412) on clay events, so yes, even if someone was being sarcastic earlier calling her the queen of clay, she really is. So, like Darren would say, no worries, The One that really matters is just around the corner. Keep going, Simo!

61 - 70 of 70 Posts