Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

Registered
A shame because the ponytail really highlights her youthfulness and it looks great on her but we might need the bun going forward if it's that important....

Sad that Pavlyuchenkova has had so many setbacks this season with injury. Drawing two scrappy players who use movement very well at back-to-back 1000 events was probably not the easiest way to come back.
We will see if the bun makes an appearance in the next game. I have a feeling her ad people prefer the ponytail, which makes better photos with her lululemon.
It was a little windy so maybe the ponytail was bothering her. I agree it looks really good on her. I think it'll remain her base look.

Registered
odds are in her favour. :oh:
Of course and let me guess why: her deluded fans put money on her no matter who's the opponent and what's the surface...

Reactions: longtin23

Registered
As soon as i knew clay would be quite muddy after the showers Rome had lately, i thought Leylah would lose fast even against an ailing Pavs. What a pleasant surprise for me to witness - again - another comeback like very few fighters like her can do in the midst of a match!!! In the 1st, Leylah struggled a lot in that MUD ( below top 80 ), and experience served Pavs somewhat but only for a while. In the 3rd set, LAF played like a top 30, Pavs like a top 150 but i feel for her - i know she's still struggling after difficult times lately and an injury. Fitness also way below pro level.

Most of all, She probably thought at the beginning of the 2nd it was already sealed against a supposedly weak player on clay. Another player to under estimate Leylah, and she learned the hard way why the shorty lefty as a great win ratio in 3 setters...... Another upset!(y)

Registered
Anastasia PLEASE play some 250 tournaments!!!!

• Love
Reactions: JohnnyCat75

Registered
Always nice to see Slaylah win but Pavs PLEASE play Strasbourg or Rabat. Put your WC request in stat.

Registered
It鈥檚 a brutal time to return to the tour after injury. Madrid and Rome are always pretty stacked and your seeding is unlikely to protect you. So hard to get match practice and string wins together. hope she can get some good clay results together damage limitation in terms of defending points and obviously skip grass to play more clay.

Registered
With all the respect for a woman, but Anastasia is hugely overweight to be an elite professional player (she should lose maybe 10 kilos??) and I am wondering what are her reak chances on a clay when you have to move all this weight around the court and points are not fast

Leylah is not in her best form but she was the favourite
I am afraid she will lose against Kasaktina

21 - 40 of 50 Posts