Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
What a weird match between GS finalists, Pavs just fell apart after the first. I hope she plays another lead-up tournament before she defends her RG Final points. This was a GREAT win for Leylah on clay though!

Reactions: GenieSlam24

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
So disappointed from Pavs. I don’t see why she cannot win in this match up because she could dominate with a heavier ball striking .

Her ROS today is just returning without aim. Her serve seems slower than pre-surgery. Her movement especially in the third is just bad.

And she is just not match fit, with this rate, every her opponent would know she would wilt in the 3rd set. She need to do more conditioning post-surgery.

·
Registered
15,644 Posts
I thought Pavs was running away with this, I guess she is still in recovery in terms on stamina.

Reactions: flying_FF

·
Registered
13,949 Posts

·
Registered
119,425 Posts
Pavs played 2 matches since losing early at the AO. Lost both in 3 sets
IDK if she's planning on retiring, but this kind of play will have her at 250s
She will have to play qualies at small field 500s and 1000s

·
Registered
13,949 Posts
Pavs played 2 matches since losing early at the AO. Lost both in 3 sets
IDK if she's planning on retiring, but this kind of play will have her at 250s
She will have to play qualies at small field 500s and 1000s
I hope she won’t. She still has the game to beat top quality players, but she would to work more on her fitness especially in this later stage of the career.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
The tides turned when she put her hair in a bun :love::love:
A shame because the ponytail really highlights her youthfulness and it looks great on her but we might need the bun going forward if it's that important....

Sad that Pavlyuchenkova has had so many setbacks this season with injury. Drawing two scrappy players who use movement very well at back-to-back 1000 events was probably not the easiest way to come back.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
It never really felt like the match was even close. Every game in the first set went to deuce, Pavs just kept getting that extra point so the set was close despite the lopsided score.

In the 2nd and 3rd sets, that stopped happening.

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
I'll be shocked if Fernandez wins her next match.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts