Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
115,438 Posts
Why does Woz keep entering tournaments is she's injured ?
This illness changes from day to day. She can be practicing well one day and have extreme pain the next day.
She was on site at Dubai, Doha, IW, Madrid and Rome without winning a match at any of them.
It has to be very tough for her, she was ranked #1 last February and was YE #3 for 2018. But she cant stay healthy anymore

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Great comeback from 2-5 for Wozniacki. She shows that she can do well on clay. If she can stay healthy she will be dangerous at FO.

·
Registered
87,248 Posts
:help: wonder if she had retired after win this set..even I love Cao, don´t like that.

·
Registered
12,477 Posts
It's not the arthritis. Her loss to Sharapova in AO destroyed her entire life.
Wtf:spit:

Wats going on with her? She should take a break to rest up instead of entering tournaments:tape:

·
Registered
115,438 Posts
Caroline was just in the final in Charleston, so when she has a healthy week she can still play. The reports are that she is very solid in practices many days. Bad luck with her health on match days
She is still trying to find the right treatment that keeps it relatively in remission
Obviously she would have retired if most days were bad health days. She is getting married this summer also. So I'm sure she thinks about her future this year and next very carefully

Reactions: StumpSheldon

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
This appeared to me to be a calf injury, not arthritis.
She was moving very slowly, for the Woz. She appeared to have difficulty pushing off to get to a ball.
Woz was treated a couple of times for her calf, which was heavily tapped.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
It's likely to be much more difficult to continue being a tennis pro with rheumatoid arthritis than Sjogren's (Venus).
Are you a doctor?

I also don't think we should be comparing them. They are both auto immune diseases and both have side effects that would make tennis difficult.

And Venus didn't seem to start fully managing it until 2015. 4 year after her diagnosis. (11 years after she claimed she first start feeling the effects in 2004.)

We need to give Caroline time if that's what she wants. She also didn't take anytime off. Venus did. Maybe Wozniacki should have taken time off to try to manage it normally first then figure out her to be a tennis pro and manage it like Venus did.

·
Premium Member
182,068 Posts
Coming for the bonus pool money :rolleyes:
All that money she’s got :facepalm:

Reactions: Juju Nostalgique

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
It's unusual to see this from Wozniacki.
I guess the RA diagnosis is taking a toll since she's usually one of the most dogged competitors out there.
I wish her the best as far as that is concerned.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I watched videos of Caro practicing and she looked injured there already. Even the guy who was there said she wasn't moving well during hitting sessions.
I don't think it has to do with her disease, but more like a lower leg injury. She shouldn't be pushing her body just before a slam

·
Registered
115,438 Posts
my dad's had rheumatoid arthritis for about 20 years. the drugs they take have horrific side-effects. i'm surprised she's even trying to play. sorry to hear that about her.
Yes, and it happened last year when Caroline had recently won the YEC & AO and returned to #1. A career changing illness

Danielle Collins:
"Obviously, I feel for Caroline, what she's going through with her injuries. It's never fun to go out there and play against somebody that's hurt, and dealing with that kind of pain. I was happy with the way I played, but it's just not a fun situation."

1 - 20 of 28 Posts