Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
At the end of the last season the question was not if Sabalenka was going to win a slam, but how many and how soon.

Nowadays who is still believing that?

By the way, here in Rome she was not followed by Tursunov: any news?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
At the end of the last season the question was not if Sabalenka was going to win a slam, but how many and how soon.

Nowadays who is still believing that?

By the way, here in Rome she was not followed by Tursunov: any news?
Meh. She's still young, and has plenty of years to improve. On top of that, this loss occurred on clay, her worst surface. Plenty of tennis to be played in her young career - it's far too early to count her out.

·
Registered
19,483 Posts
Great results for Alizé. I hope she can keep this form for Roland Garros :bounce:

·
Registered
11,711 Posts
Horrible match from Aryna. 12 double faults, she was really just breaking herself. The 40 errors are bad too, but to be fair she looked kind of injured and was not moving well (especially up to drop shots).

Have she and Tursonov had another fight? It was another guy doing the OCC sessions.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sabalenka is turning into another Vandweweghe. Overhyped for a top 10 debut and a few small successes but never materialising into slams and faltering once they got consumed by their bratty nature.

Where is the “Fall Cometh: Aryna Sabalenka” thread when you need it? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,331 Posts
When I was watching that R4 at the USO vs Osaka and you'd said the winner of this match will win the next two slams I might have put my money on Aryna.

Funny how things have gone for those two since that match.

·
Registered
89,795 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Sabalenka and Barty both to lose in R1 @ Roland Garros. I am calling it before the draw! One doesn't care anymore and the other one hates clay.

·
Fuck me, Aryna needs to take a holiday and find a new coach when she comes back or something. Back to the drawing board, because nothing has been working since Shenzhen.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
The hype WAS real. Honestly, Sabalenka was always too one dimensional and while she has great and powerful shots, she is easy to outsmart and frustrate. She also needs to get in shape. She looks like she is carrying an extra 10 stone.

Reactions: Viktorija

·
Banned
15,186 Posts
So LaSai › Cornet › Aryna... :eek:h:

Reactions: Scrubaball

·
Registered
756 Posts
Aryna's game was really bad today.

What I don't understand is: Why doesn't she adapt to the match? I mean sometimes you just can't hit with 100% power.
But she seems to do it on every point. Think a bit more before you bash! She definetely needs more variation in her game. The way she blasted all those errors out with full power or her serves deep into the net. Just tragic. On the positive note: she seems to have lost some extra weight (though she did not move well).

Hopefully her form will be back again on a different surface.

·
Premium Member
46,101 Posts
What I don't understand is: Why doesn't she adapt to the match? I mean sometimes you just can't hit with 100% power.
I didn't see the match but if she's injured she can't make the required efforts to adapt, she'll try to win with the big shots. A losing game on clay.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Sabalenka rarely plays on the dirt. She is 3W and 5L for the past 4 years, so she only plays about 2 matches on clay each year.
Sab plays almost all of her matches on hard courts.
She probably played Rome just to pick up the top 10 appearance money. In-n-out and go shopping.

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
paying the price for playing too much in last 6 months

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sabalenka is turning into another Vandweweghe. Overhyped for a top 10 debut and a few small successes but never materialising into slams and faltering once they got consumed by their bratty nature.

Where is the “Fall Cometh: Aryna Sabalenka” thread when you need it? :rolleyes:
But hey, Coco got a show on Tennis Channel.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Sabalenka rarely plays on the dirt. She is 3W and 5L for the past 4 years, so she only plays about 2 matches on clay each year.
Sab plays almost all of her matches on hard courts.
She probably played Rome just to pick up the top 10 appearance money. In-n-out and go shopping.
In the previous 4 years, starting 2015, Sabalenka played 43 matches on clay, 20W 23L.

Only in 2018 she played 13 matches on clay, 7W 6L:

- Lugano 4W 1L
- Istanbul 1L
- Madrid 2W 1L
- Rome 1W 2L (LL)
- RG 1L

1 - 20 of 26 Posts