Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decent perfomance for title defender!

Strycova did not play that badly, but I feel Karo was able to read her intentions very well during most of the match.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Pliskova also told the umpire at the end that he was wrong: "You don't normally make mistakes but this was a mistake". A bit weird, but I guess this is where the infamous chair smash happened.

Karo did look good, although I thought the quality dipped a bit towards the end. She looked much more comfortable against Strycova's level of pace than she did against Kudermetova and Garcia. Blinkova next; head to head is 1-0 in Pliskova's favour from 2017.

·
Registered
15,255 Posts
Strycova is just a good match-up for Karo.

She does look more comfortable here than in NYC though, hitting the ball better.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
H2H now 5-1 I believe...definitely a favourable matchup for Bot, but even so, she did play some good tennis unlike at Cincy/NY. I guess she has more time to set up her shots! Hope she has a good title defence :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Good match from Pliskova, think the clay helps in terms of giving her time to react and set up her shots. On a side note, loving the new ponytail from Karo, a refreshing change of look from her! Go girl!!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Good match from Pliskova, think the clay helps in terms of giving her time to react and set up her shots. On a side note, loving the new ponytail from Karo, a refreshing change of look from her! Go girl!!
She said

“I thought the court was actually quite fast… And because it’s so hot now, even more than in April when the tournament normally is, I think it can be good for me.”

1 - 13 of 13 Posts