Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
87,390 Posts
All star player withdraws left and right and guest still didn´t make it to the SF :lol:

Reactions: Pr!ncess Đayana

·
Registered
23,254 Posts
serve was the key difference here no doubt, karo too strong in the end.
wd vika regardless, QF is something to be properly proud of. :yeah:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
She really loves her three setters huh :lol:

Karo was already serving for the first set at 5-3 and couldn't convert. It was great to see that she kept fighting after that TB, she used to lose the next sets after a lost TB quite easily.

She's having such a great season so far. Hopefully she can also make the final here, but I'm just happy she's finally healthy and slaying again :hearts: And same goes for Vika tbh, she's really cleaned up her game this year - I'm pretty sure a big result is coming soon

Reactions: Stefberg

·
Registered
12,537 Posts
Both playing on their worst surfaces.

Wasn't a great watch.

Wim Fissette needs to get results in the grass or hardcourt season his appointment will be deemed a failure?

·
Registered
7,073 Posts
:dance:

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
full marks to pliskie who could have won in straight sets but for dropping her level in the first set.

good to see 11 aces, also nice for a few free points.

her level in the last 2 sets was very good.
her fitness can't be to bad as she obviously likes playing 3 sets, unlike other girls who like to withdrawl.?

will be one of the favourites to go deep at roland garros.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Good win this. Plisk done well already at Aus slam and more consistent. Fucking kick on Plisk:drool:

·
Registered
545 Posts
A semi final for Pliskova in what's been her worst P5 event previously is impressive given her lack of match play on clay so far this season. This has to be a big confidence booster going into Paris, especially when she got to the SF by beating someone who had beaten her on indoor clay only a couple of weeks ago.

Azarenka has to be so happy about her play throughout this clay court season too. She's only defending first round points from 2018 so there's plenty of room for her to gain ranking places there. Up to #26 in the race too.

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
If Karo sacked Martinez she would be even better :eek:h:

Anyway, good win and a great way of making up for last year's Sakkari incident :yeah:

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Nice match. Their rallies are funny though. Vika was like jumping up like a frog for 90% of those shots from Pliskova. It was like she was consciously trying to lift that damn ball over the net.

Good run for Vika and I was kind of worried at first bc Pliskova was not serving well for her and finally she figured it out. I just wonder how far she would have gone last year if not for Umpire Chair Gate where she was totally robbed an important point.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts