Tennis Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Amazing to think that if she does string a good run together at RG then potentially about half of her points could come from clay courts. Strange times indeed.

·
Registered
16,943 Posts
Who the hell is Klayta

·
Registered
715 Posts
Konta will be super dangerous seed at Roland Garros with her 0-4 record in Paris! Make it lots of seeds for potential flops in R1 alongside the usual high ranked suspects Barty & Sabalenka. I would add non clay courters Qiang, Belinda & Sasnovich to that list + permanently injured Wozniacki. Also, Bianca has not played in ages... A lot depends on the luck of the draw because a bunch of amateurs have been handed out wild cards yet again.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
Maky really had nothing left in the tank, otherwise this match was hers for the taking. I thought she'd lose in 3rd set against Kasatkina already, don't know how she managed to win a set today nevertheless :hug:

Hopefully she'll be rested and ready to SLAY in Paris, with the right draw she surely has the ability to reach R4/QF stage. Please no more injuries!

Reactions: Wanderer and Javi

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
I once wrote Carebear for Kerber and some admin changed the title of the thread. Do your do admin. Congratulations to Konta, it's always good to see someone bouncing back from the depth of a darl abyss.

·
Registered
45,731 Posts
Johanna :worship: Snatching a seed in Paris out of nowhere with a fantastic clay season especially for her standards. :rolls: Looks like she shrugged the Rabat final of rather quickly. Would be rather ironic if she was to meet Sakkari here and we have the same final in Rabat and Rome in the same year. :hysteric: But Kiki and Karo will certainly have a say about that as well. :p

·
Registered
9,408 Posts
Another very interesting twist in the clay court season!

·
Registered
21,766 Posts
Klayta is this British player who's actually good on clay. No idea where she came from. :confused::confused:
She would have likely flopped if Halep didn't lose to Marketa though.

Enjoy this while you can.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Great week for Jo. Seeded for RG so hopefully can win a couple of rounds there.

·
Premium Member
12,065 Posts
Konta played well, for sure, but I did like Vondrousova's game. She can really mix it up. Most I've seen her play so well. She looked a bit tired at the end, but that can happen when someone keeps painting the lines. No one will want to draw Vondrousova in the first round at the French. That's an upset waiting to happen.
She's also probably gonna need to hire an elite fitness coach. She has a great game, but a tad bit more strength and much more conditioning and fitness is required to reach the summit.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
She's also probably gonna need to hire an elite fitness coach. She has a great game, but a tad bit more strength and much more conditioning and fitness is required to reach the summit.
And, of course, staying injury free. Ironic that she and Bellis, who have both battled bad injuries, reached a grand slam QF together in doubles. Wish them both long careers and hope injuries don't plague them.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts