Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Title no. 8 for Iga, Untouchable right now.

Smile Sports equipment Headgear Baseball cap Player

Knee Thigh Entertainment Player Performing arts

WTA 1000 Miami def. Osaka 6-4, 6-0
WTA 1000 Indian Wells def. Sakkai 6-4, 6-1
WTA 1000 Qatar def. Kontaveit 6-2, 6-0
WTA 500 Stuttgart def. Sabalenka 6-2, 6-2
WTA 1000 Rome 2021 def. Pliskova 6-0,6-0
Roland Garros def. Kenin 6-4, 6-1
WTA 500 Adelaide def. Bencic 6-2, 6-2

·
Registered
188 Posts
28 winning streak <3

Iga was only at about 75% and Ons was throwing everything at her, especially in the second set. Congratulations to Ons who gets 4 games more than last years runner up here and doesn't get any bakery products though. Kudos.

Iga's last 8 finals:

2022 Rome Open: 6-2, 6-2 against Jabeur
2022 Stuttgart Open: 6-2, 6-2 against Sabalenka
2022 Miami Open: 6-4, 6-0 against Osaka
2022 Indian Wells: 6-4, 6-1 against Sakkari
2022 Qatar Open: 6-2, 6-0 against Kontaveit
2021 Rome Open: 6-0, 6-0 against Pliskova
2021 Adelaide Open: 6-2, 6-2 against Bencic
2020 French Open: 6-4, 6-1 against Kenin

Has lost 28 games in total across her last EIGHT finals. Average 3.5 games per final. Why are all the other players so useless and hopeless against her in finals (apart from Hercog <3).

Can she win the French in a few weeks? I think so. I genuinely cannot see anyone else coming close at this point.

Rest of Top 10:
Krejcikova: Injured, can't see her even making the second week of the French.
Badosa: Inconsistent form, possibly makes second week but won't beat Iga.
Sakkari: Lol no, mentally there's zero chance of her winning the French.
Kontaveit: Won't make the second week as per her slam results.
Jabeur: Dark horse but the crushing defeat today just confirms Iga can easily beat her.
Sabalenka: Wildly inconsistent, won't ever beat Iga. Mentally almost as bad as Sakkari.
Collins: 2nd week possible if shes motivated and not injured but she looked terrible against Anisimova.
Muguruza: She hasn't had a deep run at a Slam in years and I doubt she will here.

I think its either Iga or a random winner who won't be seeded.

·
Registered
34,826 Posts
A GOAT in the making. Stunning play at times from Iga. What a winning streak. Love her 🥰

·
Ons raised her level towards the end but too late to do anything with it. Iga is rightfully destroying these girls at the moment, their games are just not good enough. The disparity between #1 player and the rest of the tour is crazy. Someone needs to step up to the plate to make it more interesting but at least it's not a free for all with all these mediocre "top players", Iga is doing the lord's work as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
34,826 Posts
Beautiful game at 4-2 in the 2nd on Iga’s serve. WOW.
That game was Iga showing everyone why she’s the undisputed world no.1 right now.

·
Rise up from ignorance
24,468 Posts
If Jabeur is the second best player right now then what does it say she won a total of four games vs Swiatek? :smoke:

1 - 20 of 325 Posts