Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has there been a tournament so far in 2005 in which Maria has committed in which she HAS NOT been on the poster? I don't think so :p

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gaz de France Poster (could have featured French players like Amelie, Mary, Nathalie etc. or Serena)

 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doha Poster

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,247 Posts
Ummm... she IS the #3 player in the world and a massive drawcard at every tourney... WHY would you leave her off a poster?! It's promotional suicide.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LiliaLee-Frazier

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,274 Posts
Is Maria playing any of those tournament?

If she's not, why put her on the poster? I don't get it.. People will buy tickets to see her, and she's not playing? :eek:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,175 Posts
Andrew18 said:
She is playing all of those tournaments other wise she wouldnt be on the poster
It really wasn't such a crazy question...i know that some websites ( like the philly APTIVA tourney) will put any old name and picture up there to sell tickets...so i guess some people would not be surprised if they tried to put that stunt with the posters.
Also...Tell that to the Austalian Open Website when they had Justine Henin on the front page for the whole tourney :lol: And justine had pulled out WEEKS before the tourney started! :eek:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,175 Posts
Becool said:
Is Maria playing any of those tournament?

If she's not, why put her on the poster? I don't get it.. People will buy tickets to see her, and she's not playing? :eek:
:lol: So true..but they could also buy tickets to see her in the finals and if she loses in the semis they are shit out of luck... ;)
I know i bought tickets to the us open final thinking amy frazier would be in the final..never happend though :lol: :lol: :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
53,490 Posts
I remember when the sisters used to be on all the posters.

I wonder when that will start to happen again.

I thought the sisters were rather marketable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,942 Posts
2sistersfan said:
I remember when the sisters used to be on all the posters.

I wonder when that will start to happen again.

I thought the sisters were rather marketable.

They should be on any promotional poster for Miami, at least Serena should as she is the three time defending champion.
 

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
Joined
·
9,486 Posts
lizchris said:
They should be on any promotional poster for Miami, at least Serena should as she is the three time defending champion.
The advertising has already started in Miami, with Venus and Serena featured very prominently in the TV ads.

BTW, I'm glad to see the Rome poster featuring the defending champ :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,942 Posts
Linnie said:
The advertising has already started in Miami, with Venus and Serena featured very prominently in the TV ads.

BTW, I'm glad to see the Rome poster featuring the defending champ :)

That makes sense; They have won the event every year since 1998, save 2000 when Martina Hingis won the event (Venus, who was the defending champion, did nto play due to injury and Serena lost in the QF I think).
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top