Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

Registered
thank you so much to rollo and all you did for this forum - the human tennis history encyclopedia! this is a great loss for this board. rip and condolences to all who were close to him.

Moderator - Juniors
How terribly sad to hear this news, Rollo was a wonderful contributor to our forums for 20+ years. Although we did not have a lot of one on one interaction, his spotlight on tennis鈥 history was always one that I thoroughly appreciated (and even more so as time has gone by in my own 20+ years on these forums as many of my favourite players have come and gone). Thank you for letting us know of his passing, he will be missed. :(

Premium Member
Whaaaaaaaat??? I'm shocked. I just noticed these news right now. He did a tremendous work here, Blast from the Past is actually how I discovered this forum, because each time I looked for something of the history of womens tennis, google led me there, so I had to subscribe... We just lost a pilar of TF, and Blast from the Past is the best section of this forum in my opinion.

It's weird how we seem to know someone just from the net without actually knowing that person. But I do believe that people's soul can live in what they write, and through their work.

To me, Rollo is that person who could recall so much informations and knowledge about womens tennis... I tagged him some weeks ago and didn't get any response, sadly I understand why now. I'm saddened to learn he was maybe ill... he looked too young to be ill. His kindness, his humor, his love of tennis was evident. I'm very thankful to him for all he's done here. It's real dedication. Passion and dedication. One of the few people who make the web worthy.

My greetings, Rollo.

Registered
I think this is William James Rollins' sister. Could someone write to her and ask her for definitive confirmation? If it's really Rollo who is dead, tell her how sad our forum is and that we miss him.
Has anyone tried contacting Kim? I don鈥檛 have FakeBook. She might be interested in this tribute?

I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
This is such a devastating news. BFTP is an amazing place thanks to him, and as many it鈥檚 a place I鈥檝e often visited to find infos you could never find anywhere else.
RIP

Registered
Sad news, great contributor. He will be missed.

Reactions: Daydreamer and Javi

Registered
R.I.P. :(

Registered
My goodness, I hope our poor Rollo did not suffer through cancer. 56 is no age to die, what a tragedy.

Registered
I feel as though it's not my place to comment as I never interacted with him and I don't think I ever posted in BFTP though I would lurk from time to time. I can't help but feel a sense of loss. Rollo would come up regularly when people wanted tennis facts. He was knowledgeable, passionate about tennis and most importantly, kind. And from all the comments, he was kind here as he was in his personal life.

I'll be watching the RG final. And I'll make a toast in his memory. I hope you all can do the same (or with a non-alcoholic beverage if that's more appropriate).

To someone who I never had the pleasure of knowing but even then, knew he was one of the good ones... Rest in peace, Rollo :cry:

Premium Member
Rest in Peace, Friend. Thank you for all you contributed to this forum.

Premium Member
Very sad news indeed. Gutted to hear he has passed away. Rollo was such an enthusiastic and knowledgeable tennis fan, particularly on women's tennis history. Always supportive of the efforts and contributions of other posters. Never any negativity or aggressiveness like you so often see on tennis fan forums. Just genuine interest and engagement. Also in the PMs I had with him he was always kind. To me he was truly the life and soul of the BFTP forum and his countless contributions over the years made this place what it is today. He will be very much missed. Hopefully this forum will continue to thrive in his absence, with the same positive and constructive spirit. I'm sure he would love that.
you expressed exactly what I feel

very sad

41 - 60 of 86 Posts