Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wishing Ashley good luck in Paris :)

1st rd. against Saori Obata, shouldn't be too much problems for Ashley.

Good luck Ashley, you can go far here!!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Good Luck Ashley!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Best of luck to my #1 junior girl :D

Just relax and do your best!

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Ashley d. Obata 6-4, 6-2 :bounce: :bounce:

her first win in the maindraw of a slam :)

her level of play was not great, but I hope it was just jitters because she will have to play much better to get by Dani...

Dani will be ready for her this time...

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Great Job Ashely!! :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great job Ashley :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
Well done Ashley! :bounce:

You've beat Hanty before so you can do it again!

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
I think Ashley has the advantage over Dani in a long match because she has a much stronger body than Dani does. In the last year Ashley has gotten fitter and stronger as well. But while Dani has gotten more fit, she appears to be weaker and has been getting crushed alot lately. :eek: Including a pounding by Ashley at the Family Circle Cup.

I expect Dani to play better on red clay. Their other match was on green clay. But I still think Ashley will beat her in 3 tough sets.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
I was right about Ashley winning in 3 sets! :D She outlasted Hantuchova 9-7 in the third set, after blowing a 5-1 lead! :eek: And congrats to Dani for showing alot of heart and fight for someone so slight! :) She can really hit the ball!

I just hope Ashley is okay for her third round match. She looked tired in the third set while Dani was looking surprisingly fresh.

And I wasn't too worried about Ashley losing that tough semifianl match in Strasbourg. Becasue not having to play the final in Strasbourg saved her some strength and energy for this match.

Good luck Ashley! :D

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
hi guys,today it was the first time i saw Ashley playing and i was impressed by her game and also by her characther,she didnt give up also when daniela cameback in third set she looked very strong mentally,always focused on her game etc.i really appreciated this new girl.
as i dont know anything of her,pls could u give me some info?lwhere does she live?who's her coach?has she a boyfriend?what are her hobbies?
thanks a lot! ;)

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
She is coached by Jay Berger of the USTA coaching program...she lives at Saddlebrook Tennis Academy, she does not have a boyfriend...

checkout www.harkleroad.sport for more info...

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
My girl showed alot of heart today...I was in tears at one point...I thought she was a goner...all I could think about was how sad she was going to be having choked two weeks in a row...

She showed that she learned from her mistakes and that she knows never to give up

Awesome win girl :bounce::bounce:

I will definitely tell Ash about this site next time I see her ;) so she knows how many fans she has!

Lets hope she has something left in the tank against Magui

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Ashley played so good :eek: I love her finesse and she can really whack the ball when she wants to.

Go Ashley!!!! ;)

·
Martina&Roger <3
7,823 Posts
C'mon Ash :bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
GO ASHLEY!!! (im a fan of hers now)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts