·
Banned
9,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.bet365.com/home/default.asp?forum=uk&affiliate=odc10

Henin 2.75
S Williams 5
Mauresmo 7 :spit: (ain't happenin')
Sharapova 7.5 :spit: (throwing away money here)
Petrova / Vaidisova 13
V Williams 15 (good bet here)
Jankovic / Kuznetsova 17
Hingis 21
Chakvetadze / Peer 29 :rolls: (neither of these is winnin a GS anytime soon)
Ivanovic / Golovin 34
Safarova / Safina 41
Li / Dementieva / Hantuchova / Zvonareva 51
Schnyder 81 :sobbing:
Schiavone 101

·
Registered
12,384 Posts

Henin 2.75
S Williams 5
Petrova / Vaidisova 13
Jankovic / Kuznetsova 17
Hingis 21
Ivanovic / Golovin 34
Safarova / Safina 41
Schiavone 101
Mauresmo and Sharapova's betting odds are a joke. Mauresmo will not win FO, she's proven time and time again she that she likes to choke @ FO, and Sharapova has not even won a clay court title it would be the shock of the decade if Sharapova won FO. Venus' odds are a little bloated too but after W'05 and AO'07 the WS will always have decent odds at least, no matter their form cuz they have both shown they can win slams out of nowhere.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
awesome! thanks!

·
Registered
115,309 Posts
Sveta was in the final last year, and had match points against the eventual champion both years before last.
But betting doesn't create the winner. You do it on the court.

·
Team WTAworld, Moderator, Polish & Serbian Kingdo
119,559 Posts
Szarapowa over Kuzniecowa on clay. Best joke in ages! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm surprised that Venus' odds are better than Jelena & Kuzzy:lol:

Im not ..... she barely lost to jelena and maria this year and its only her 4th event. I have seen improvments every time she walks onto the court so Im hoping to see some good things from her this year.... they could have maybe given Kuzzy a little more props but it seems she may never get what she deserves until she wins a second slam.......

·
Registered
23,292 Posts
amelie and maria are both way to high

sveta and shahar should both be somewhat higher imo

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I'd rather see Kuzzy and Yaylena higher and Masha down the list.
Vee is a good bet, cos she's unpredictable.
Mauresmo is able to win Paris, but she has to be mentaly ready for it. She's out at the moment, and maybe she's preparing in a special way, just to show how well she can play on clay.
The race for RG title is open this year. Can't see JuJu and Rafa capturing 3rd in a row...

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
LOL WTF...sharapovas odds!!! Thats like saying Davenport would have won FO....aint gonna happen....

·
Registered
4,918 Posts

Henin 2.75
S Williams 5
Petrova / Vaidisova 13
Jankovic / Kuznetsova 17
Hingis 21
Ivanovic / Golovin 34
Safarova / Safina 41
Schiavone 101
I don't think Venus at 15 is a good bet. Remember, she's never won RG and since 2005, the only top 10 player she's beaten is Patty Schnyder. Personally, I'd rate the chances of Jankovic, Kuznetsova and Hingis higher for sure.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,719 Posts
Yes definately the funniest thing there are Maria's and Amelie's prices. I really would wonder about the mental state of anyone who took those prices. Venus, Nadia, Sveta, Jelena and Tati all look good value. Justine is priced fairly, not great value but still a reasonably priced favorite. I think Serena is marginally overpriced considering she has won only 2 clay tournaments in her life but ofcourse she has proven you can't rule her out. I would probably still move her to 8's. Then move Maria and Mauresmo to somewhere between 20 and 25 and then shorten the odds for the 5 I mentioned previously. That would be about right.

·
Registered
21,059 Posts

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
Im not ..... she barely lost to jelena and maria this year and its only her 4th event. I have seen improvments every time she walks onto the court so Im hoping to see some good things from her this year.... they could have maybe given Kuzzy a little more props but it seems she may never get what she deserves until she wins a second slam.......
i agree...what a siggy!lol:worship:

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,212 Posts
Mauresmo and Sharapova's betting odds are a joke. Mauresmo will not win FO, she's proven time and time again she that she likes to choke @ FO, and Sharapova has not even won a clay court title it would be the shock of the decade if Sharapova won FO. Venus' odds are a little bloated too but after W'05 and AO'07 the WS will always have decent odds at least, no matter their form cuz they have both shown they can win slams out of nowhere.
Who knows, Mauresmo has the game to win.
Mary Pierce used to choke and lose many horrible matches at Roland Garros before she figured out the way to win.
Last year Mauresmo was outplayed by Nicole, was not really a choking job from Mauresmo.

·
Premium Member
15,684 Posts
Yes definately the funniest thing there are Maria's and Amelie's prices. I really would wonder about the mental state of anyone who took those prices. Venus, Nadia, Sveta, Jelena and Tati all look good value. Justine is priced fairly, not great value but still a reasonably priced favorite. I think Serena is marginally overpriced considering she has won only 2 clay tournaments in her life but ofcourse she has proven you can't rule her out. I would probably still move her to 8's. Then move Maria and Mauresmo to somewhere between 20 and 25 and then shorten the odds for the 5 I mentioned previously. That would be about right.
Thats true but she lost to Justine in one final then beat her in the very next final to take Rome and then won the FO so Serena is capable of winning the FO this year her result is going to greatly depend on where she is seeded because if she sees Justine or Svetlana too soon she may not have too good of a chance but shes the only other former champ in the draw so that should automatically make her 2 or 3 behind Justine and Svetlana and also I know Petrova hasnt really done too much but she is also i top contender and had she not been hurt last year she would've done some damage at the FO

·
King
28,858 Posts
Sharapova and Mauresmo are too high. Sharapova just doesn't have the game right now to win RG and she doesn't have the credentials on red clay, never been in a red clay final even plus she's not even playing that many clay event this year too, she's much more beatable on clay than any other surface, i wouldn't be suprised if she had a shock early loss this year :shrug:

With Mauresmo, well im sorry but i have seen nearly all of her losing matches at RG over the past couple of years and really if she couldn't have done something at it last year when she was probably at her peak then i doubt she will ever do it. The pressure is just too much for her :shrug:

Other than that i think the rest of the odds are pretty spot on ;)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts