Premium Member
44,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That stop volley in the tb :hearts:

Well done Sam!

·
La nuit je mens
89,919 Posts
Re: Roland-garros R1: Stosur d. Strycova 6-2 7-6 (3)

How random. Good for her.

Nice to see her on a big court too as a former finalist.

·
Premium Member
65,227 Posts

Congrats Sam :hearts:

·
Registered
38,379 Posts

:woohoo:

Pretty amazing for someone not named Williams to be winning Slam matches at 35 too.

Reactions: Shifty-Eyed Dog

·
Registered
30,791 Posts

R2:
Alexandrova vs Stosur
Bolsova vs Cirstea

big opportunity here :help:

·
Registered
42,773 Posts

Stosur played some really nice tennis probably the best of the year, Alexandrova next, please don’t mess this up! She could easily make 4th round here, but we shall see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,709 Posts

Only saw a bit of the match but Sam seemed to be playing well. Was clearly delighted afterwards. Excellent result.:bigclap:

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
Barbie was defending second week points from last year. :hysteric: Gotta hurt losing so many of these tight matches as she has this year.

But on the other hand glad for Sam to get a desperately needed win! She gets Alexandrova next which is a pretty generous R2 as well.

Barbie's Sergio Tacchini dress is beautiful btw. One of the best of the tournament, such an underrated brand/collaboration on the tour.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Pleased to see Sam winning this. There’s an opportunity for last 16 here for her but these days one match at a time for her.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
This was as good as I’ve seen Sammy play in ages! Guess her doubles success has made her see she isn’t quite finished. Her off forehands into the corner were classic Stosur and some good movement for someone always a little slow about the court.
I love the feisty Barbora but the way she was whining after great play from Sam was annoying.
Both players covered a lot of court and this was an entertaining match between 2 old the old gals!!

Sam clearly has happy memories here. How did she win USO and not this as her random one slam?

Reactions: ishgever

·
Registered
34,824 Posts
This was as good as I’ve seen Sammy play in ages! Guess her doubles success has made her see she isn’t quite finished. Her off forehands into the corner were classic Stosur and some good movement for someone always a little slow about the court.
I love the feisty Barbora but the way she was whining after great play from Sam was annoying.
Both players covered a lot of court and this was an entertaining match between 2 old the old gals!!

Sam clearly has happy memories here. How did she win USO and not this as her random one slam?
Francesca, that's how.

·
Premium Member
182,163 Posts
Only a midget would give life to Stosur

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Sam had such a good shot at the title in 2017 - had Ostapenko totally on the ropes in R4 and then got that horrible injury that ruined the rest of her year (and pretty much career) that prevented her from progressing. I have a strong feeling she would've beaten everyone that remained in her path with the exception of maybe Bacsinszky.

Anyway, good win. Hopefully she gets a few more wins here to bring her ranking up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts