Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before there's a giant issue w/ Anabel at Roland Garros, I think we need to figure something out.

First, should see be seeded? She has "retired" and removed her ranking, but we all know that she's still as good as she was a few months ago. A little rusty, maybe, but still...So if she's unseeded, that KILLS some of the other people in the draw and it's sort of unfair. But at the same time, it's sort of unfair to actually seed her because she's off the rankings.

Second, who should do the draw? I'm not accusing her of cheating w/ the draws, but if she's unseeded, whoever draws her in their section will absolutely complain and call for a redo of the draw and claim that cheating has gone on. It's inevitable. Likewise, whatever unseeded players end up in her draw will be annoyed. Thus, someone impartial needs to do the draw. And I don't have any suggestions, but Anabel cannot do the draw for sake of saving this game for even more turmoil that haunts it.

Please respond :)

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Anabel will be unseeded, as she will not be in the rankings the week before.

As for the draw issue... well, who knows.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I asked for thoughts and opinions, not a "here's how it's gonna be" answer.

I don't know if it's more fair either way for her to be seeded or not. That's why I'm asking.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
she wont be seeded because petosp was not seeded in his first few tournaments.

we dont make exceptions :|
surely thats fair.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I guess that makes sense. It's true that she hasn't even asked to be put on the rankings. OK.

Ignore Issue #1 then ;)

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
We mostly follow WTA rules... When Martina Navratilova came back to Eastbourne last year, she was not seeded, she was retired and came back without rank. That's what's gonna happen here. I dont deserve a rank, because which would be it? #1? That would be unfair for Alx. #2? Why 2?. So i will go unseeded.

About the draw things. I have made all the draws i've played on TTT, and no one ever complianed. I simply don't cheat, i don't need to. It's a Grand Slam, there will be 16 seeds, so most of the draw will be done by WTA Roland Garros organization. Who draws me? Bad luck for him.. or for me. Just imagine if i draw Alx.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's not my point though.

I'm not saying that you're going to do something badly. My point is that to avoid a problem, you should just stay out of the draw. Whoever draws you will bitch until we can't hear anymore of it and complain that the draw was fixed. The simple solution to that is just have some impartial body do the draw instead.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Anabel I know the rational people here believe you, and knwo you wouldn't cheat. But some ceratin people would be extremely annoyed and WOULD accuse you of cheating. So I think it's in the best interest of everyone if Phil or someone else did the draw.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANK you - this was exactly my point.

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
kournikovafan13 said:
It would be #2 because you have less points than him, maybe? :rolleyes:
And why #2? Are you sure that Sonfo or Williamslover have not passed me on points?

I have not played for long long time and i was defending champion at Scottsdale, Indian Wells, Sarasota, Charleston, Hamburg, Rome & Berlin...

I doubt my rank would look as before...

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Philip is playing Roland Garros too. That people could acusse him too.

Philip making the draw would make sense if he were not playing

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
This is all a moot point...

Anabel will draw me 1st round... and I'll kick her ass. :)

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What?! Phil is not playing this game anymore.

He has retired from this game and that is why he is impartial.

You're not understanding me. But fine, however you want to do it is fine. I'm warning you, when there's a giant issue, doin't be surprised.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
anabel, you cannot possibly believe you and philip are in the same position. You have a past history with people here, a not-so good history. People trust Phil here more than you(sadly) and you should not make the RG draw, only to prevent a fight.

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Philip has retired from the game? Roft Mikey, i guess you dont know him at all ;)

Philip missing a Grand Slam..? Nah...

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anabel said:
Philip has retired from the game? Roft Mikey, i guess you dont know him at all ;)

Philip missing a Grand Slam..? Nah...
lol - Well, if he decides to play, I won't be surprised. But, I think it would be ridiculous :rolleyes:

·
Banned
19,528 Posts
Ryan15 said:
anabel, you cannot possibly believe you and philip are in the same position. You have a past history with people here, a not-so good history. People trust Phil here more than you(sadly) and you should not make the RG draw, only to prevent a fight.
I really dont care doing or not the draw. Im not coming back to TTT yet, but i will do it in the future, and i will make draws where i play, as i have been doing for the last 2 years. If people want to complain about that, they lose their time. TTT has always been that way, and no one ever had a problem with me doing the draws, i just dont see why they should have problems now.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
:sad: im missing ttt already :sad:

:rolleyes:

even i know im ridiculous :p
:devil:

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
anabel said:
I really dont care doing or not the draw. Im not coming back to TTT yet, but i will do it in the future, and i will make draws where i play, as i have been doing for the last 2 years. If people want to complain about that, they lose their time. TTT has always been that way, and no one ever had a problem with me doing the draws, i just dont see why they should have problems now.
Because you are unseeded and eventually can play anyone in the first round in the draw. Anyway i know Leena or ME will be your best choices :devil:.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts