Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
18,595 Posts
Barbora was phenomenal today.

Her ballstriking was so clean and her groundstrokes are sublime when they are on. Very difficult for the opponents to read where she is going. Her FH is a thing of beauty on this surface.

Sloane was quite poor yes, but this wasn't actually that lazy or disinterested Sloane. She tried, but just couldn't get anything going. It didn't help that her anticipation was quite poor today and she just couldn't read where Barbora was going, and her finishing shots were lacking too. Just a disappointing day at the office for her.

Krejcikova is seriously going to be a mainstay at the top of the tennis for awhile. And I won't complain if that is the case, her game is just beautiful. She'll be a serious threat to anyone left in the draw, including Iga.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Laziest match ever. Just zero intensity from both of them.
Horrible match-up, both have such an effortless/lazy style of play. Probably the lowest quality match of the tournament. I mean Krejcikova had 10 winners to 19 UFes and lost only 2 games.
Lol at those that thought Sloane could win the whole think and/or beat Iga.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
I will never ever forget this match .
the ugliest , worst match I have ever ever seen in my entire life .( I ve seen horrible matches before , but this uneventful and ugly? Nah..) This is the worst someone has ever played to win a set 6-0 .
there is nothing good about this match . Absolutely nothing .
What was wrong with Krejcikova's performance?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Barbora is so good under pressure, usually handles BPs with ease, very good mentally.
Could end up facing Iga in Round 6 of both singles and doubles (SF and Final respectively).

·
La nuit je mens
89,840 Posts
I will never ever forget this match .
the ugliest , worst match I have ever ever seen in my entire life .( I ve seen horrible matches before , but this uneventful and ugly? Nah..) This is the worst someone has ever played to win a set 6-0 .
there is nothing good about this match . Absolutely nothing .
? Krejcikova played superb tennis.

Reactions: Perun and charlie-z

·
Registered
633 Posts
Barbora was very good today but sloane was back to looking like the player from last year. No fire after the first couple games and just seemed resigned to losing out there. Disappointing match but still some good signs for sloane this week.
Krejcikova's strokes are so pleasing on the eye, love her game.

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Svitolina wasn't that bad after all holding a game almost as long as the entire second set of this match 😂

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,406 Posts
Well, Stephens was utterly shite. Hopefully it won't set her back too much for the grass/US season.

Hats off to Krejcikova though. Did everything she needed to and didn't choke at any point. The most you can hope for when your opponent is as bad as Stephens was today.

21 - 40 of 115 Posts