Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Have to admit, I'm a bit guilty of thinking the old Sloane was back and got a little hype. Disappointing performance.
BUT... Barbora was so good. Her groundstrokes are so fun to watch and very hard for the opponent to read.
A really impressive display... and the rest of her half (Iga) should be scared.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
That was such a burial by Krej, that it was a feat of tennis rivaling Vinci over Serena that Sloane was even able to win 1 game and avoid the Double Bagel

·
Registered
195 Posts
Krejcikova's service was impeccable. And her return game was just as good. Usually she strikes the ball with high velocikty, tying her opponent up with balls that are low and hard and fast; Krejcikova may not be the swiftest afoot but the slow responses she gets from her opponents allows for loads of time to plant and shoot (Krejcikova was feasting on Stephens' underwhelming groundstrokes); Stephens struggled against this tough consistency; Sloane had a few break point opportunities but errors undermined her efforts or Barbora's low, hard and fast angles proved to be insurmountable. Nice run while it lasted for Sloane; a dominant exhibition from Barbora.

Czech it out: She's in the quarterfinals

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
3 Czechs too far. Stephens passive tennis and overrated passive forehand dismantled. Krejcikova made her look basic.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I will never ever forget this match .
the ugliest , worst match I have ever ever seen in my entire life .( I ve seen horrible matches before , but this uneventful and ugly? Nah..) This is the worst someone has ever played to win a set 6-0 .
there is nothing good about this match . Absolutely nothing .

1 - 20 of 115 Posts