Tennis Forum banner

821 - 833 of 833 Posts

·
Isn't her name on the list for Birmingham? Unless we reckon she's going to pull out last minute.

If her draw falls into place nicely and IF her serve holds up I don't see why she can't do some damage at Wimbledon. I know that's a HUGE if. :lol: But with her 2015 Wimbledon draw, she could have won it if it weren't for Serena.
I think she could have a good run here if she has a decent draw too. 2015 she was a pushing mess with no backhand. Hogstedt seems to be trying to get her to shorten points by playing more aggressively. Although he's clearly trying to make her add more spin to her FH so who knows. And yes her serve needs to hold up.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
You are spot on the pattern (unfortunately). On IG stories yesterday she posted from a trip NY (upstate NY). Shoes, food, the road and Gilkes posting on some modernist design center from the same location.
She's a meme nowadays. And not even a truthful one at that. Sooner or later this stuff will backfire. No wonder she looks like shit half the time. How can you even sleep at night doing what she and her shitty friends are doing. Not surprising she can't deliver a decent performance when it matters.

Believe me when I say that the people she surrounds herself with are some of the scummiest, scamming, conning people around and unfortunately she's becoming like them.

If only she stood up for something in her life ( or herself ) she wouldn't feel so hollow as having the need to do what she is doing. If you only knew you would be horrified.
However, don't believe everything she posts on social media. At this point lying and deceiving has become such a huge part of her life that she can't be trusted on anything ( see the left arm pain that suddenly disappeared when a new coach came along )

That's why I can predict the patterns on social media or the failures on a tennis court . Conning people are that predictable. They think they are smart, they are just immoral.

You would think giving 2 no shows in important matches in the last 2 slams and having her worst losing streak ever with a mental meltdown in one match was a wake up call that she will never get anything out of it, but no, nada, she won't get it.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Maria will make an effort at playing Birmingham if she's healthy. She's probably keen on playing as many matches as possible now that she's got back with Thomas to get back to where her game used to be at its prime.
Hope so. She is in NYC right now with her boyfriend and Birmingham starts in a week. Kuznetsov is in USA too. I wonder why she decided to come back to USA between RG and Birmingham. I know she's experienced and can deal with jet lag, but still, it's kinda weird. Hope it's not an injury because she needs matches especially on grass. Playing only at Wimbledon would be utterly stupid if she's healthy.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
You are spot on the pattern (unfortunately). On IG stories yesterday she posted from a trip NY (upstate NY). Shoes, food, the road and Gilkes posting on some modernist design center from the same location.
It's pretty clear from your posting history that you don't like Maria but you spend time following her and her bf on IG. That really says a lot about you.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
So any celebrity that has money that visits the UK on holiday, gets taxed just for visiting?
Our Tax rules can be very odd, but there is a certain amount of time you spend in Britain hich means that a percentage of your entire years wages can be claimed, in the end though she's probably in New York for some R&R. Think they've been loosened a bit recently, but I'm not a sleb so wouldn't know.

Oh and as for the person that keeps on saying she can predict Maria's social media posts, yes she's interested in food and art, so she'll be posting about those things.
I can predict your posts will be the same repetitive nonsense about scamming individuals on a fucking loop for ages, go on prove me wrong.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Oh and as for the person that keeps on saying she can predict Maria's social media posts, yes she's interested in food and art, so she'll be posting about those things.
I can predict your posts will be the same repetitive nonsense about scamming individuals on a fucking loop for ages, go on prove me wrong.

She likes art, architecture, food, dining out.... What a lost cause of a human being. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
She likes art, architecture, food, dining out.... What a lost cause of a human being. :rolleyes:
and books too, don't forget that, as you say the cause is lost, even though the same poster used to whine about her liking fashion, so I'm not sure what will make them happy, if she became a nun perhaps?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
So any celebrity that has money that visits the UK on holiday, gets taxed just for visiting?
I saw a post sometime back that stated how many days were required before the UK could tax you on worldwide income. I don't remember the number, but it was not many.

I am a tax professional in the US, and am not an expert on international taxation. I have had to deal some with clients doing business, or having personal interests, in China. Lebanon, Afghanistan, and India.

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Isn't her name on the list for Birmingham? Unless we reckon she's going to pull out last minute.

If her draw falls into place nicely and IF her serve holds up I don't see why she can't do some damage at Wimbledon. I know that's a HUGE if. :lol: But with her 2015 Wimbledon draw, she could have won it if it weren't for Serena.
I agree tbh. She had a very decent run on clay and if she actually plays some grass matches before Wimby I don't see why she shouldn't make a run. The serve will always be an adventure but I'm hopeful that Hoggy will get it under control like he's done before.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
What in Pova's instagram posts makes her unfit to be a top tennis player again? I'm never a fan of the foods, books and "arts" she posted, but how do they in any understandable way harm her career? If you look at the instagram posts by other top players, they're not more profound or meaningful than hers:

https://www.instagram.com/serenawilliams/
https://www.instagram.com/sloanestephens/
https://www.instagram.com/madisonkeys/
https://www.instagram.com/carowozniacki/
https://www.instagram.com/elisvitolina/
https://www.instagram.com/vichka35/
https://www.instagram.com/svetlanak27/
https://www.instagram.com/petra.kvitova/

Foods, dresses, photoshoots, sight-seeings, friends, dogs are the most common subjects of WTA players' posts, there's nothing on Pova's instagram, facebook or twitter that distinguishes her from other tennis stars. So even if you think Pova's social media activity in a mysterious way does harm to her sport performance, it certainly doesn't put her at a disadvantage, because others are doing the same thing.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
:lol: you and your obsession with weight. In her case 3-4 kilos don't make a difference. She's not a 100 runner where 0.xx of seconds make a difference.

I give you 3 example : Djokovic : gone because mentally gone, strict gluten free diet be damned.

Kvitova: she had a physio who made her do a stricter diet and she couldn't stand 3 sets matches anymore. Petra belly came back and she' s winning again.

Svitolina: this year she was all about her new diet etc. Etc. As soon as she was bragging about that I knew she wouldn't have gotten far this RG.
And predictably she lost in r2.
Now, nobody is saying that she should be fat like Townsend or Serena now, but obsessing over 3-4 kg when there are many more variable is that, an obsession.

I keep saying that she has some gut issues since that itf report came about and that's why she was having poor medical findings of trace minerals and a weak immune system ( hence the colds, flu etc) and even her latest air in the lung could be explainable this way.

But she doesn't listen and keep eating food that will never give her the right amount of probiotics and enzymes that her body needs especially her being a worldwide traveling athlete. If only there was a way to easily find those probiotics all made for you on the web...>:)
Thanks for your post. I am not sure....there might be a sliver of agreement that whatever her daily routine is, has an effect on how she is able to play.

I was not talking about kilos--it was less than half that...just four pounds...I do have a couple of friends who tell me it does make a difference more in how they feel than how they look. I continue to wonder if stopping meldonium has made some sort of subtle difference---I will gladly admit, not related to weight.

821 - 833 of 833 Posts