Tennis Forum banner

801 - 820 of 833 Posts

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
Is Birmingham the only warm-up Maria will have on grass before Wimbledon?
No, there is one in Holland and then eastbourne. They are all useless. She better practice on grass rather than play some low level tournaments where she will lose r1 or r2.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Where she right now tho still in Paris or LA or where? It’s typical Maria of giving shitty performance in Slam then staying out of social media in maybe disgust of pathetic loss ?....That performance was confidence draining remember she went losing streak after similar loss to Polish pusher this year. I don’t want another early Wimby loss :(((((

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
Where she right now tho still in Paris or LA or where? It’s typical Maria of giving shitty performance in Slam then staying out of social media in maybe disgust of pathetic loss ?....That performance was confidence draining remember she went losing streak after similar loss to Polish pusher this year. I don’t want another early Wimby loss :(((((
didn't the other day post another useless food post (can't believe she eats escargot , how can you kill such docile clams ) and another about her book.

The attention is now on RG , nobody cares about the ones eliminated. She will start posting again shitty art stuff in a few days. Mark my words. That's how her social media goes now: art shit, even more art shit, shitty food posts, some training , pictures where she tags the clothes she wears , silly books, and repeat. So fucking boring. No wonder she's bored.

I'd like it more if she was just about the stuff she is paid to promote: so just Nike, Evian, Porsche and the fashion firms she's paid to endorse. Less is more.

And after losing to Kerberos this year she played after a month. What she did was not staying out social media (if only) , she posted even more art shit from NY, LA, conning Jamaican crap and the likes. Don't even make me remember that period.Worse than all the meldonium period ban. No wonder she lost in spectacular fashion after that .

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
If she's healthy,I'm positive about her chances.No reason to skip any tournament and inflict further match play-related rust.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
Sorry about my obsession

....but I still wonder if the elimination of meldonium altered her way of staying the way she wanted to stay. If she has been up or down, it has not been more than four or five pounds.....but, if her ideal is 160, the elimination of meldonium, might have found her at 164, so she would take action with diet and exercize to return to 160, or lower, which could sap her strength. If she had dropped to 156, her appetite would automatically increase bringing her back to her set point.
I have nothing to base this on, other than the not very illuminating accounts of the effects of meldonium. I have seen times when slightly thinner meant slightly quicker, and slightly heavier, meant slightly more powerful and longer endurance. She always looks pretty much the same, but sometimes the muscle tone looks different. I realize that if any of these things occur.....it could be part of getting older.

I never thought the meldonium facts were very well explained, either medically, or with regard to punishment.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sorry about my obsession

....but I still wonder if the elimination of meldonium altered her way of staying the way she wanted to stay. If she has been up or down, it has not been more than four or five pounds.....but, if her ideal is 160, the elimination of meldonium, might have found her at 164, so she would take action with diet and exercize to return to 160, or lower, which could sap her strength. If she had dropped to 156, her appetite would automatically increase bringing her back to her set point.
I have nothing to base this on, other than the not very illuminating accounts of the effects of meldonium. I have seen times when slightly thinner meant slightly quicker, and slightly heavier, meant slightly more powerful and longer endurance. She always looks pretty much the same, but sometimes the muscle tone looks different. I realize that if any of these things occur.....it could be part of getting older.

I never thought the meldonium facts were very well explained, either medically, or with regard to punishment.
Have you figured out the time of Maria's next match yet?

·
Registered
27,027 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Maria will make an effort at playing Birmingham if she's healthy. She's probably keen on playing as many matches as possible now that she's got back with Thomas to get back to where her game used to be at its prime.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Maria will make an effort at playing Birmingham if she's healthy. She's probably keen on playing as many matches as possible now that she's got back with Thomas to get back to where her game used to be at its prime.
Where did you see that she’s in US?

Not that she didn’t do before. She went back to LA after Roland Garros 15 as she was sick and came back to Wimbledon reached SF although many here felt she pushed her way through the matches rather than “winning” if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
14,342 Posts
Sorry about my obsession

:lol: you and your obsession with weight. In her case 3-4 kilos don't make a difference. She's not a 100 runner where 0.xx of seconds make a difference.

I give you 3 example : Djokovic : gone because mentally gone, strict gluten free diet be damned.

Kvitova: she had a physio who made her do a stricter diet and she couldn't stand 3 sets matches anymore. Petra belly came back and she' s winning again.

Svitolina: this year she was all about her new diet etc. Etc. As soon as she was bragging about that I knew she wouldn't have gotten far this RG.
And predictably she lost in r2.
Now, nobody is saying that she should be fat like Townsend or Serena now, but obsessing over 3-4 kg when there are many more variable is that, an obsession.

I keep saying that she has some gut issues since that itf report came about and that's why she was having poor medical findings of trace minerals and a weak immune system ( hence the colds, flu etc) and even her latest air in the lung could be explainable this way.

But she doesn't listen and keep eating food that will never give her the right amount of probiotics and enzymes that her body needs especially her being a worldwide traveling athlete. If only there was a way to easily find those probiotics all made for you on the web...>:)

·
Registered
10,979 Posts
Where did you see that sheÂ’s in US?

Not that she didn’t do before. She went back to LA after Roland Garros 15 as she was sick and came back to Wimbledon reached SF although many here felt she pushed her way through the matches rather than “winning” if you know what I mean.
Yesterday she posted a video on IG stories while being in a car on Manhattan Bridge, NYC, then another going somewhere for a road trip.

3 years ago she never planned to play a tournament between RG and Wimbledon and since she lost in the 4th round that year, she had 4 weeks between the 2 GS.
This year she is schedule to play in Birminghan that starts in one week and she only got back in the US either yesterday or Friday.

·
Registered
13,255 Posts
Isn't her name on the list for Birmingham? Unless we reckon she's going to pull out last minute.

If her draw falls into place nicely and IF her serve holds up I don't see why she can't do some damage at Wimbledon. I know that's a HUGE if. :lol: But with her 2015 Wimbledon draw, she could have won it if it weren't for Serena.

·
Registered
813 Posts
didn't the other day post another useless food post (can't believe she eats escargot , how can you kill such docile clams ) and another about her book.

The attention is now on RG , nobody cares about the ones eliminated. She will start posting again shitty art stuff in a few days. Mark my words. That's how her social media goes now: art shit, even more art shit, shitty food posts, some training , pictures where she tags the clothes she wears , silly books, and repeat. So fucking boring. No wonder she's bored.

You are spot on the pattern (unfortunately). On IG stories yesterday she posted from a trip NY (upstate NY). Shoes, food, the road and Gilkes posting on some modernist design center from the same location.

801 - 820 of 833 Posts