Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Diyas hardly got out of 3rd gear - just think that Albie is so average and yet walks away with 40000 euros for that.

·
Registered
19,205 Posts
It's always satisfying when one of your faves sends one of these French journeyWCs at RG packing. :smoke:

·
Registered
8,492 Posts
Albie, 25 yo and barely a top-300 player, gets destroyed by Diyas who prepared RG by playing Japanese ITFs on fast courts and hadn't played a match on clay since last year's Paris. Could there be any worse choice for a MD WC, like ever?

Reactions: Javi

·
Banned
32,000 Posts
Albie, 25 yo and barely a top-300 player, gets destroyed by Diyas who prepared RG by playing Japanese ITFs on fast courts and hadn't played a match on clay since last year's Paris. Could there be any worse choice for a MD WC, like ever?
Is she worse than Jajcevic?

·
La nuit je mens
87,945 Posts
Albie is not a choice. She won the WC race :shrug:

·
Registered
8,492 Posts
Is she worse than Jajcevic?
Um, good question. At least Janicijevic's still young, I guess.

Albie is not a choice. She won the WC race :shrug:
And how did she manage that exactly? There isn't a single decent result in her resume, with the slight exception of a 25k final (on hardcourts).

Reactions: Javi

·
Milk and honey
4,021 Posts
That dumb race system :facepalm: gets Albie, a terrible player on clay, a MDWC, and Lim of all players a QWC. Both got destroyed. It worked well in the US this year with both Davis and Osuigwe having great results and Davis edging it and bringing that form here, but none of the candidates in the French WC race were even in passable form, guaranteeing that a player in extremely mediocre form would wind up here.

As for Diyas, a very welcome 70 points for her in what has been an unimpressive year. That might take a little bit of the pressure off.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Infact - I wish they would ban these wc races. They are unnecessary, only benefit the home nation and usually some non-entity ends up getting into the main draw and more often than not - or nearly always - never last long. That spot should go to the next direct entry who has to perform all year and not just over a few tournaments.

·
La nuit je mens
87,945 Posts
Infact - I wish they would ban these wc races. They are unnecessary, only benefit the home nation and usually some non-entity ends up getting into the main draw and more often than not - or nearly always - never last long. That spot should go to the next direct entry who has to perform all year and not just over a few tournaments.
If you're that bothered by WCs, just stop watching tennis. You've been on and on about it for days. We GET IT.

·
Registered
115,438 Posts
This is by far the softest quarter and Diyas plays Kudermetova in round 2

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
The only thing I learnt from watching this match is that Zarina looks cute even as a blonde. Which I probably could have guessed anyway.:eek:h:

Though the absence of any strapping was a nice positive, with Surbiton and Manchester just round the corner. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts