Tennis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is cool that they honor Clijsters but did they honor Serena or any tourney honor Serena for achieving the number one ranking?

I don't recall any tourney honoring her maybe because she earned the ranking and the trophy at Wimbledon where the winner gets to go to the champion's ball .........but I don't recall any other tourney saluting her that way.

· Premium Member
8,215 Posts
i think it's because of the shit field at this tournament, so they are on cloud 9 that they have the world #1 playing at their tournament

· Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess but if u are gonna honor number ones shouldn't Jen and Venus also be honored....this doesn't help the cause with future committments.......why would serena and jen and lindsay want to return there? I wouldn't. Let them have Kim since she is the best.

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,461 Posts
because kim happen to become no. 1 last week, and that the tournament need some promotion.

If they did no promotion you vcomplian, and when they need, people complain as well, what can they do to please you guys LOL

· Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wasn't Serena's first tourney JP Morgan Chase? Venus' first shot at number one was Dubai last year I think...or that was the tourney where she became number one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.