Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andy Roddick won his fourth tournament, winning the Memphis tournament over talented American James Blake. I think Blake, Roddick and Ginepri are all going to be top 10 and possibly top 5 players in the coming years. Who else do you guys think will be a top player when they are in their prime? I like Nikolai Davidenko, although I am not sure if he is young or old! ;) GO ANDY! As much criticism he gets, and I even tend to not like American players, this guy can play! He is a good player, as is Blake, and I hope to see him at no.1 in the future! Also, let us not forget Polish juniors Lukasz Golab and Adam Chadaj and Michael Preszeszny. :D :D

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I agree with Scotso. Andy is over-rated.
The tournaments he won 1) only in America 2) small tournaments with weak opponents.
The way he hits his shots whether it''s serve or groundstrokes is scary... feel sorry for his limbs in the long run.

Nikolai Davydenko is one year older than Andy. He's 21 this year. I thought he was promising from the way he stretched Pat Rafter at the AO 2001, 2nd rd. But until now, he has yet to make a big breakthrough.

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen Andy play many times, and I think he will do even better. There is criticism that his serve is too tough for his age and that it might wear him down. But I think he will be great. Sure he is overhyped, but HE IS AMERICAN! Americans love to hype up their players now with the downfall of Sampras and the soon-to-be retiring Agassi, and the inconsistent Jan-Michael Gambill. Blake is a little over hyped too, as is that Jack Brasington. But thats American media for ya!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts