Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His game is all about his monster serve. He wins all his matches with it.
His game is soooooooooooooooooooo one dimensional. Mark Philippousis is the only other player that has bored me as much.
I don't mind his personality but his game is really boring.. I can't help cheering for his opponents all the time.
Ferrero has so much more variety and thus more exciting and entertaining game.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Gogomaggie: whine, whine, whine.

All you do is write bad things about players. Why don't you stop watching if you don't like it?

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
thats true! And thats the reason why i dont like watching Roddick play...only this ugly serve, BORING!

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
ridiculous

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you think his game is really as entertaining as the likes of Ferrero and Federer?
Now he has won like 24 points in a row on his serve..... pathetic.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Roddick is playing pretty amazing right now, serving well and hitting lots of winners. He looks fine to me ;-)

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fuck... I'm sick n tired of this stupid fuckhead Shuzo Matsuoka.... I wish I could mute only his commentating...but wanna hear Kimkio's commentating.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
I just wish he would learn to close his mouth. He sometimes looks like someone who is mentally handicapped and can't keep his tongue in his mouth.
This said, he is a very good player but I don't see anything subtle and brilliant about him. So GO JUAN CARLOS!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hagar said:
I just wish he would learn to close his mouth. He sometimes looks like someone who is mentally handicapped and can't keep his tongue in this mouth.
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
When you're in combat and have a big weapon, don't you want to use it? Why do you think people develop big weapons to begin with?

Roddick's game is more than a big serve. He's got speed, accuracy, great forehand and a terrific two-handed backhand. He's developing a net game and is an avid learner. Give the guy a chance, open up, don't let his serve blind you. But what a serve, boy! 141mph!

This being said, I do like guys like Ferrero, Federer for their mastery of the game.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
His game is without aesthetic beauty, I would agree. But what interests me most about tennis is the mental battle. If you think it's somehow easy to put those serves in the corners again and again, you've obviously never played tennis. And his serve is his key shot, but it's really his variety on his serve that wins him so many points, not just the power. His serve has so much spin on it, particularly his second serve.

·
Registered
16,198 Posts
I didn't like the game of Sampras because it's mainly serve and volley. I didn't think it could get any worse... but it clearly is possible :(

I hope this is not the future of men's tennis!

·
Premium Member
182,035 Posts
this is worse than watching grass grow :eek:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
It looks a bit like watching Bagdad being bombed for hours...

·
Registered
8,726 Posts
For the last hour and a half I've been watching the one dimensional Roddick win some remarkable rallies and come up with rather nifty shots at net. :)

·
Banned
635 Posts
mishar said:
His game is without aesthetic beauty, I would agree. But what interests me most about tennis is the mental battle. If you think it's somehow easy to put those serves in the corners again and again, you've obviously never played tennis. And his serve is his key shot, but it's really his variety on his serve that wins him so many points, not just the power. His serve has so much spin on it, particularly his second serve.
I agree 100%.

But, I still hate Roddick since he's shoved down my throat constantly.

·
Registered
135 Posts
hes a confidence player. he is on a high at the moment since the tournament at queens. when he'll lose that confidence which will happen at some point in the future he'll suck cos he doesnt know how to win when hes playing like crap. just look at hewitt at the moment for an example of this.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts