Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am feeling very optimistic today. I'm not sure you guys here can fully understand what went on in Israel the last few days, and how significant some of the statements made by our government are.
who knows what will come out of it? I choose to hope :D .

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Noga, in science it is said that a generation (and its preconceptions) must die off for real progress 2B made. The same is probably true of the mideast conflict, I'm afraid. Of course it happened in South Africa, but with about 1/8 of the population surrendering power. The yes-no-maybe of Northern Ireland where its more of a "Cold War" may be as far as Israelis and Palestinians can hope to get for a long time.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Will that prevent suicide bombers from blowing themselves up....???!!!
I think there are people or organizations who just don't want a peaceful settlement.. no matter what.. :(

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"a "Cold War" may be as far as Israelis and Palestinians can hope to get for a long time."

a cold war? sign me up for that! I'm not looking for them to become our best friends, Roger... a chilly peace, like the one we have with Egypt, or even just a sound status quo, will do just fine. I agree with you 100% that a "lovey dovey" peace treaty can't happen for a long time. too much blood has been spilt. I'm just hoping for a "you're on one side of the fence, we're on the other, let's try and ignore each other for a while untill we can look at each other and not see red" solution.

"Will that prevent suicide bombers from blowing themselves up....???!!!
I think there are people or organizations who just don't want a peaceful settlement.. no matter what.. "

I agree with that Bee, but I would still like to give Abu-Mazen a shot. the alternative is to not believe peace is at all possible, and what productive result can that view have?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts