Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't enjoyed tennis so much in a long time. Thank you to both players and I hope Martina will learn a lesson from this match. A lesson how to play a power players.

Thank you to both players!:wavey: :bounce: :angel:

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
That second set was just fabulous. Too bad Rita double faulted on match point.. not a good way to end it. Seriously though, after sitting through that boring star slaughter yesterday, I was sure entertained today!!! Thank you, Jenn and Rita, for the best set of tennis I've seen in a long time! It was HILARIOUS how Rita had Jenn playing her game! LOL!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Rita Grande rocks!!:)

She has a beautiful slice .. you go girl!

Jennifer still needs to work on linescalls... all that yelling is so not cute. I can't stand it when she crys when a call(that is good) doesn't go her way. It's like she thinks people should give her the point or something. Rita earned that long point darnit.

Anyhow great job jennifer for pulling out the win.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Yes,this was one of the best matches of this tournament..Better luck next time,Rita!Yes it was funny how Rita made Jenn play her game.I am still sad.:sad:

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Mama Mia!

I couldn't take it; what a brilliant nail biter of a
2nd set. Phew! Man, Jen was sucking air. LOL.
It was really exciting; talk about 2 totally different
styles of playing.

Unfortunately the "Wrong" Italian won the match.
How I would've loved to see a 3rd set!

Best match of the tournament on the women's draw!

Take that RIOS!!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
great match Rita!
first time I've ever seen her play and I was very impressed. :)

·
Premium Member
21,310 Posts
I agree :)

As tennis fans, this is what we want to see :) I was on the edge of my set in the latter half of that set!

·
Registered
4 Posts
whilst most of you were thrilled with the match i wasn't ... i was most frustrated that jennifer didn't wrap it up sooner. hopefully, playing a power player (mauresmo) in her next match will suit jen better. jennifer's not playing super, but still winning - the sign of a true champion! rita has heart and grit, but no power - at times as a spectator, i find this soooo annoying! but that said, well done rita! GO JENNIFER GO ... let's go back 2 back!

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
tenn_ace said:
I haven't enjoyed tennis so much in a long time. Thank you to both players and I hope Martina will learn a lesson from this match. A lesson how to play a power players.

Thank you to both players!:wavey: :bounce: :angel:
It's funny but I said almost exactly the same in another thread. I was very impressed with Rita, she not only has a great slice backhand, very good forehand and a great touch. Also, she plays her game regardless of who is on the other side, she wasn't intimidated by Jennifer and as Dawn said had actually Jennifer playing HER way.

Not only Martina, but Justine and other players should take note of this.

Rita is very talented and I expect her to do well, specially on clay. She has to work a little bit in the overheads and volleys, but she definitely has the talent and more important, the right attitude. (and nice legs :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
That gorgeous slice backhand Rita used so effectively against Jen was reminiscent of the great Evonne Goolagong. :kiss:

And how refreshing was it to see a power player at the mercy of a touch player! I don't think I've ever seen so many slice backhands in one match since the late seventies...

Great stuff! :D

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Superb slicing by Rita... Really enjoyed the running she made Jennifer worked... :D

However, her volleys really lacked sting that was why Jennifer could even run after it and returned.

Well fought Rita!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Great job to both ladies!! Jennifer truly amazes me that she is still able to defeat a talented player like Grande in straight sets even not playing "her game" (power) Still able to defeat someone at their own game.. What a champion!! You go Jennifer!! J-Peat!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts